• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:53:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 68
Total: 68

Dark Knight Rams

Started by Babers, January 15, 2019, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babers

Got these guys last month. They were imported from Israel (Danzinger). Same company that created the Dantums. They spawned a week after I got them....fry were really challenging
Joel

Mugwump

...very nice..........good luck with them......feeding bbs or microworms?.....vinegar eels  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

Vinegar eels. Added bbs after a few days (sf). Still not a lot survived in the first few days. They're just too small. The dark ones are smaller and seems weaker....just like the DD angels. Survivors are 3 weeks old now....just a couple dozens.

...experimenting on the #2 spawn now.
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on January 15, 2019, 05:47:40 PM
Vinegar eels. Added bbs after a few days (sf). Still not a lot survived in the first few days. They're just too small. The dark ones are smaller and seems weaker....just like the DD angels. Survivors are 3 weeks old now....just a couple dozens.

...experimenting on the #2 spawn now.

...green water ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

I've been researching online...didn't even think of green water. I think that might work the best. Since the fry are half the size of Angel fry. Hopefully next spawn I will be able to do that, if I start to make greenwater now. Unless I find someone who is willing to give me some greenwater as a starter culture....

Thanks Jon!
Joel

fishhead0103666

Wow those look amazing, are you planning to distribute them to other hobbyists if you can raise the fry?
Dreaming of more catfish...

Babers

Definitely. I just need to establish my breeders, then start selling.

Here's are the babies...looks like they are a mix.
Joel

Mugwump

..any special water parameters?     what's your PH and tds's.... huh
Jon

Babers

Mix of RO and tap. 80/20. No problem hatching and freeswimming. Just with feeding in first 3 days. Don't have much left from spawn # 2 but some are still thriving. Anyway, I found a guy with greenwater, let's see what happens.
Joel

Babers

Couple dozens left from Spawn #2. Eating bbs. So I think those will be fine.

Spawn #3 from Pair #3 are wiggling right now. Green water is ready. Hopefully I get better results this time. Fingers crossed.
Joel

Babers

Joel