• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Koi fry....

Started by Mugwump, January 13, 2019, 01:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...12 days free swim.........

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

See any sunsets in there,or is it to early to tell.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

wsantia1

Congrats Jon. Those are sweet. Great color at 12 days FW.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 13, 2019, 02:49:58 PM
See any sunsets in there,or is it to early to tell.

...shouldn't be any.....but I'm watching anyway  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 13, 2019, 02:52:17 PM

..thanks Willie.....I got the male from Frank....he used my line....I wanted the veil in these fry.. ;)
Jon

ghonk

I never had koi before,i'm surprised how orange they are already.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 13, 2019, 03:04:08 PM

I never had koi before,i'm surprised how orange they are already.

..yup..that female is an exceptional good color fry maker..... |^| :) |^|
Jon

Mugwump

....gotta get these to a bigger tank.....they're in a 5 gallon now....at almost three weeks...
Jon

waterboy

Your KOI are about a week ahead of mine. I got about 30 or 40 still in a 2-1/2 for another week or two. It has been a long time since I had any KOI. Can't wait for them to grow up.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on January 20, 2019, 11:31:28 PM
Your KOI are about a week ahead of mine. I got about 30 or 40 still in a 2-1/2 for another week or two. It has been a long time since I had any KOI. Can't wait for them to grow up.

.... :) |^| :)......cool beans.. :D
Jon

Mugwump

..Koi fry are in the 75gal now....loving it and eating well....I was going to use a 30gal; however, with the number of fry it's best to get 'em in something larger now.

Jon

ghonk

About how large is the group?
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 04, 2019, 04:15:11 AM
Quote from: ghonk on February 04, 2019, 01:44:12 AM

...I'm seeing 100++..... huh

Sounds like a great crop. Best wishes with them. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 04, 2019, 07:05:01 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 04, 2019, 04:15:11 AM
Quote from: ghonk on February 04, 2019, 01:44:12 AM

...I'm seeing 100++..... huh

Sounds like a great crop. Best wishes with them. |^| |^| |^|

...thanks Willie....they do seem to be a very hearty group... |^|
Jon