• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

I guess it's pork day.

Started by Rjb3, January 13, 2019, 10:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

All four smoker racks are full. . . chops, ribs, butt, shoulder?. . . .  I don't know what Gale all put on there.

In other news, I bought a new guitar Friday. It's a Gretsch G9200. They call them Boxcar resinators. Very cool. I figure every 10-20 years I deserve a new guitar.

And, I learned of some races coming up at the historic Milwaukee Mile on Father's Day. There will be an ARCA super late model race, plus a Midwest Truck series race, Mid America stock cars are part of the show, and the Upper Midwest Vintage stock cars. Four races! Should be a blast.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 13, 2019, 10:45:19 AM
All four smoker racks are full. . . chops, ribs, butt, shoulder?. . . .  I don't know what Gale all put on there.

In other news, I bought a new guitar Friday. It's a Gretsch G9200. They call them Boxcar resinators. Very cool. I figure every 10-20 years I deserve a new guitar.

And, I learned of some races coming up at the historic Milwaukee Mile on Father's Day. There will be an ARCA super late model race, plus a Midwest Truck series race, Mid America stock cars are part of the show, and the Upper Midwest Vintage stock cars. Four races! Should be a blast.

...I've been up for the "Mile" ARCA races..pit pass always....a really fun day... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I've been to lots of Nascar truck races there. The tailgating before and after the race was second to none. One time a guy walked down by us in the parking lot when our party was in full swing.  We asked him right away what was up or if we could help him and he said it looked like we were having so much fun he just wanted to hang out with us. A other time the girls manning the parking lot booth offered us our parking money back if they could get something to eat. We told them come and eat but keep the parking fee. Later, their boss came by on a golf cart. We fed him, too.

Father's Day 2019 there will be four races. The ARCA super late model race is 75 laps. Don't know about the other three. With the tailgate party before and after it will be a full day.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 13, 2019, 01:01:12 PM
I've been to lots of Nascar truck races there. The tailgating before and after the race was second to none. One time a guy walked down by us in the parking lot when our party was in full swing.  We asked him right away what was up or if we could help him and he said it looked like we were having so much fun he just wanted to hang out with us. A other time the girls manning the parking lot booth offered us our parking money back if they could get something to eat. We told them come and eat but keep the parking fee. Later, their boss came by on a golf cart. We fed him, too.

Father's Day 2019 there will be four races. The ARCA super late model race is 75 laps. Don't know about the other three. With the tailgate party before and after it will be a full day.

..... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...speaking of pork...we're having pork chops.... |^|
Jon

Rjb3

I had a thick cut pork chop. Gale had ribs. As you sometimes say, We are stuffed. The shoulder still has a couple hours to go. Oh, yeah, huge baked potato. Yum doesn't come close.

Ron Sower

...turns out the pot of ground turkey soup didn't need anything else added...they all liked it like I made it,,,maybe sitting in the fridge letting all the flavors blend together helped it out...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on January 13, 2019, 07:54:35 PM
...turns out the pot of ground turkey soup didn't need anything else added...they all liked it like I made it,,,maybe sitting in the fridge letting all the flavors blend together helped it out...

..... |^| :) |^|.....cool beans
Jon