• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 07:50:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 141
Total: 141

Bye-Bye Drs Foster and Smith

Started by Ron Sower, January 10, 2019, 09:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

LOL,buy the competition and them get rid of them.
Just like I though when I heard Petco was buying,i'm surprised it took them this long. 

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Ron Sower

...big guys buy out the good competition and close them down..so typical of big money...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

What do you think they'll offer me for Captain Bob's?

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 10, 2019, 06:21:00 PM
What do you think they'll offer me for Captain Bob's?

...steak dinner time+.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Actually, if the price of raw materials and the cost of shipping those ingredients to me goes any higher, I'll go under on my own.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on January 10, 2019, 06:30:38 PM
Actually, if the price of raw materials and the cost of shipping those ingredients to me goes any higher, I'll go under on my own.

...ouch!...
Jon

Rjb3

Yup. Amazon gets a deal on shipping and uses postal employees and vehicles to deliver on Sunday. I pay the going rate.

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 11, 2019, 06:45:09 AM
I hate Petco and Petsmart too...

That will be the next merger.
Rather then fight over customers they will get all of them anyway, and one  won't  have to try to undersell the other,higher profits
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

..just got an email...40% off fish supplies.....
Jon