• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 09:42:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 156
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 146
Total: 147

Angels===>

Started by Mugwump, January 09, 2019, 04:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..so what is everyone's current project(s)?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

No current projects,i have a single plat standard fin female now. ;D

I'm picking up the   albino blue glitter veil  pair likely this weekend.
After a couple/few spawns,assuming i have success raising the fry, I will likely cross  the plat female to the albino blue male.

A sibling cross will give me some albino plats,hoping some glitter will express in that generation.

I would also like to pick up a Pinoy,and cross to the blue glitters,getting some albino Pinoys in a sib cross.

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on January 09, 2019, 05:19:29 PM
No current projects,i have a single plat standard fin female now. ;D

I'm picking up the   albino blue glitter veil  pair likely this weekend.
After a couple/few spawns,assuming i have success raising the fry, I will likely cross  the plat female to the albino blue male.

A sibling cross will give me some albino plats,hoping some glitter will express in that generation.

I would also like to pick up a Pinoy,and cross to the blue glitters,getting some albino Pinoys in a sib cross.

....a most interesting adventure, Greg....sounds like fun...

I'm working on getting my Koi line going again....it'll take a cross, which I already have fry from, then possibly a back cross or sibling cross....we'll see..

I, also, have a Bulgarian seal point that I think I have mate for with a 'het' bg with a pb....so hopefully I can satisfy my curiosity with some fry to tinker with..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

You have 3 BG's left?
Looking at one of the threads they  should be 6+ month old if I remember correctly.

So hopefully will be pairing before to long.
Paul Simon

wsantia1

I noticed a few albino fry from a pearlscale plat pair that spawned a couple of weeks ago. I was unable to isolate them in time and they perished. I will be on the lookout next time. Hopefully I will be able to grow some out.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 10, 2019, 07:29:30 AM
I noticed a few albino fry from a pearlscale plat pair that spawned a couple of weeks ago. I was unable to isolate them in time and they perished. I will be on the lookout next time. Hopefully I will be able to grow some out.

Getting them to START feeding can be a challenge.

SAN FRAN brine.
Air to keep the shrimp  suspended.
Small container.
Low light.
Container extra clear to help prevent screwed up ventals.

Paul Simon

waterboy

Three projects in the mill right now besides those raised for the wholesaler. I have some Seal Points and some Hets that are big enough to start pairing but no action yet. My pair of KOI spawned and I should have free swimmers today. Can't wait, it has been a long time since I had any KOI. I have a couple pair of Half Blacks that keep spawning but I never get any viable fry.  Get a few to free swimming and they just die off.  Also have some Blue Glitters waiting to pair up or pair with the Seal Points if I get lucky.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wsantia1

Quote from: ghonk on January 10, 2019, 08:22:33 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 10, 2019, 07:29:30 AM

Getting them to START feeding can be a challenge.

SAN FRAN brine.
Air to keep the shrimp  suspended.
Small container.
Low light.
Container extra clear to help prevent screwed up ventals.

Yep I need to get some of that SF brine especially. I have most of the other stuff.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.