• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Happy Birthday, Liz

Started by Mugwump, December 15, 2018, 03:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....Have a wonderful day !!  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Happy Birthday, have a great day.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

...happy birthday to you, Liz...now, just keep on having them...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thanks, folks.  I never celebrate any holiday because the holidays are the same for me as every other day.  But guess what?  I'm actually getting a birthday present this year!

I was planning on making my HMF's today.  I went out to my 2 boxes full of PVC connectors and dug around for 90's.  I who I have many of every connector there is in every size could only come up with 3 3/4" 90's.  I called my neighbor on the off chance that he might have some laying around.  I knew he would likely have nothing in 3/4".  But I got lucky and called when he was in Hattiesburg.  He said that Lowes was going to be his next stop.  I asked him to pick up 15 or 20 90's for me.  Hurray!!!!!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 15, 2018, 12:29:36 PM
Thanks, folks.  I never celebrate any holiday because the holidays are the same for me as every other day.  But guess what?  I'm actually getting a birthday present this year!

I was planning on making my HMF's today.  I went out to my 2 boxes full of PVC connectors and dug around for 90's.  I who I have many of every connector there is in every size could only come up with 3 3/4" 90's.  I called my neighbor on the off chance that he might have some laying around.  I knew he would likely have nothing in 3/4".  But I got lucky and called when he was in Hattiesburg.  He said that Lowes was going to be his next stop.  I asked him to pick up 15 or 20 90's for me.  Hurray!!!!!

....always nice to see a plan come together... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T BUY YOUR FOAM FROM FOAM BY MAIL.  iT'S TOXIC.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 16, 2018, 12:45:43 PM
WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T BUY YOUR FOAM FROM FOAM BY MAIL.  iT'S TOXIC.

...how so...?
Jon

LizStreithorst

It didn't tale long for the fish to go from being normal to gasping at the top.  There was even a big problem with the 120 wide that I only had the foam in until I realized that the foam wasn't stiff enough for that width tank and took it out.  I just did a 90% WC on that tank and a while later the fish are still stressed.  I need to go down and do another 90%.  Even my huge standard pleco in that tank is not feeling well.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 16, 2018, 01:34:59 PM
It didn't tale long for the fish to go from being normal to gasping at the top.  There was even a big problem with the 120 wide that I only had the foam in until I realized that the foam wasn't stiff enough for that width tank and took it out.  I just did a 90% WC on that tank and a while later the fish are still stressed.  I need to go down and do another 90%.  Even my huge standard pleco in that tank is not feeling well.

...WOW !.....flame retardant?
Jon

LizStreithorst

I asked the guy in an email about fire retardant or other toxins and he said no.  Whatever it was it was some bad stuff.  The fish that I did 2 90% WC on are still swimming nose up at the top of the tank.

LizStreithorst

I found this on the Swiss Tropicals website.  I bet it was plasticizers. 

Plasticizers: chemicals added to plastics to make them soft; they are often volatile and toxic. When the plasticizers evaporate, the plastics become brittle (like some filter sponges). Poret ® contains no plasticizers.

Mugwump

Did you toss in seasoned sponges again?..
Jon

LizStreithorst

It was not that, Mug. Let's drop it. 

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Happy Belated Birthday Liz. Sorry I missed it. I've been somewhat off line with company in the house over the weekend and being under the weather yesterday. Hopefully you had a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.