• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:10:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 157
Total: 158

RIP George H. W. Bush

Started by Mugwump, December 05, 2018, 10:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....thank you for your service..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 05, 2018, 07:34:00 PM
I listened to the speakers at his funeral on NPR.  The name Trump was never mentioned but everything they said made the contrast between Trump and President Bush was made very clear.  I was always fond of daddy Bush even though I disagreed with a lot of what he did.  Another Republican I like who is still alive is John Kasich.  I see no hint of goodness in Trump.

..I listened to the speakers also.....'jr's eulogy was emotional and powerful...

..agreed..Trump should have stayed home...every time the camera panned his way, he looked like a little boy pouting and was completely out of place....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 06, 2018, 05:06:23 AM
I listened to the speakers at his funeral on NPR.  The name Trump was never mentioned but everything they said made the contrast between Trump and President Bush was made very clear.  I was always fond of daddy Bush even though I disagreed with a lot of what he did.  Another Republican I like who is still alive is John Kasich.  I see no hint of goodness in Trump.

..I listened to the speakers also.....'jr's eulogy was emotional and powerful...

..agreed..Trump should have stayed home...every time the camera panned his way, he looked like a little boy pouting and was completely out of place....

Yep. Trump looked very uncomfortable there and like ZLiz said, while they did not mention his name the shots at him were taken.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 06, 2018, 07:20:18 AM

Yep. Trump looked very uncomfortable there and like ZLiz said, while they did not mention his name the shots at him were taken.

If you think about it.....they were just all talking of a good person that was a good President. The fact that Trump doesn't measure up was inconsequential. The rest of the Presidents there
in attendance did.....and the day wasn't about Trump.

His sitting there with his arms crossed said it all too.....he knew it wasn't about him...and was extremely uncomfortable with no stage to wander off of.....

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 06, 2018, 09:14:08 AM

If you think about it.....they were just all talking of a good person that was a good President. The fact that Trump doesn't measure up was inconsequential. The rest of the Presidents there

His sitting there with his arms crossed said it all too.....he knew it wasn't about him...and was extremely uncomfortable with no stage to wander off of.....
..Actually, guys...I don't think any of us know what was gong on in his head...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 06, 2018, 07:55:12 PM

..or really want to either....LOL
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on December 06, 2018, 08:14:04 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on December 06, 2018, 07:55:12 PM

..or really want to either....LOL
... :D I think we are of different political persuasions...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron