• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 01:15:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 148
Total: 149

..and it's Tuesday !!!

Started by Mugwump, December 04, 2018, 05:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..the coffee is wonderful this morn'n..... |^| :) |^|

...a cold day in the 20's.....a good day for fish room putz'n

...nothing planned that I know of yet....we'll just take the day as it comes along.... huh

more coffee.....brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2.....grab a cup..... |^|

...time to go wake up the fish room......brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. Great coffee here. It is cold and blustery here at 35 degrees with wind out of the northwest. There will be clear skies tho and temps will get into the mid 40s.

Water changes and putzing on tap. Order some heaters from Jehmco over a week ago and still haven't received them. They were misrouted to Pittsburgh where they got stuck for a couple of days and then sent into Philly and Wilmington DE. The tracking system is basically useless. It doesn't even give me an expected delivery day.

I have already contacted Jehmco. I have additional spare heaters but I don't really trust them. I was going throw all of them out and use the new ones as my backups.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 04, 2018, 05:56:17 AM
Good morning all. Great coffee here. It is cold and blustery here at 35 degrees with wind out of the northwest. There will be clear skies tho and temps will get into the mid 40s.

Water changes and putzing on tap. Order some heaters from Jehmco over a week ago and still haven't received them. They were misrouted to Pittsburgh where they got stuck for a couple of days and then sent into Philly and Wilmington DE. The tracking system is basically useless. It doesn't even give me an expected delivery day.

I have already contacted Jehmco. I have additional spare heaters but I don't really trust them. I was going throw all of them out and use the new ones as my backups.

..morn'n Willie.....shipping this time of year is a cluster F$%&@......
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 04, 2018, 06:22:21 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on December 04, 2018, 05:56:17 AM

..morn'n Willie.....shipping this time of year is a cluster F$%&@......

Yes it is. I just got a text message saying it finally got to my station and expected delivery is today. I'll call Jean at Jehmco if when/if I get it. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I had the most beautiful sleep last night.  I can't remember when I've had such a perfect sleep.  My back isn't hurting from unloading all that feed yesterday.

I stole some water from my water storage barrel for coffee which was also excellent.  After my normal morning animal chores I went out and took a look at the broken water pipe.  Fixing it will involve more digging that makes me happy, and I'll get my feet soaking wet.  I do have a 1" cap and wet set cement to fix it.  First I have to run into Ellisville and ask the guys at the barber shop if they will accept a box of Discus for me.  If I have the box sent to my house it will take a full day longer. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I could use one of those perfect night's sleep.......been awhile.... :)

So you're going to cap the leak off ?....I thought that you might just add a shutoff valve, in case you might want future use from that source.... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'm going to add a cut off valve but I have to cap it off over the valve for now.  I explained in the other Tuesday thread that I don't have all the parts I need to hook it up to the automatic waterer.  I do not feel like driving back to Ellisville again today.  The horse has access to a tough in the other pasture which is pretty nasty.  If she wants good fresh clean water she knows where the auto waterer is for the chickens.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 04, 2018, 11:25:57 AM
I'm going to add a cut off valve but I have to cap it off over the valve for now.  I explained in the other Tuesday thread that I don't have all the parts I need to hook it up to the automatic waterer.  I do not feel like driving back to Ellisville again today.  The horse has access to a tough in the other pasture which is pretty nasty.  If she wants good fresh clean water she knows where the auto waterer is for the chickens.

...good plan... :)
Jon