• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 114
Total: 116

Monday...ready or not...?

Started by Mugwump, December 03, 2018, 09:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..suns out, but windy and cold....we have a couple errands to run then it's putz'n amd chill time..... :)
What's everyone else got going on..... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....errands done...fresh pot of coffee...egg salad sammie on toast....things are looking up... |^| |^| |^|

...time to do a bit of fish room putz'n....putting buckets away and wiping down our swap display tanks.....yada yada...

..besides it's gloomy outside again with light snow.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

First stop was the hardware store in Ellisville where I bought PVC for the lift tube for the HMA filter I'm putting in my 120 long and gel super glue that is supposed to work for gluing damp plant rhizomes to damp driftwood.

Then off in the opposite direction to the LFS in Hattiesburg.  Where I picked up an air pump with 2 air outlets to use on the 30 gallon tank in the office.  One to run the an HMA filter, the other for the 10 gallon water storage tank.  I also got a toy for Pip.  While I was there, the male owner was on his phone while doing WC and Twee his wife was in the rest room.  There was a young couple there and I saw the guy put a ferret inside his leather jacket.  When he saw me looking he took it out and make like he was playing with it.  Perhaps he was just playing with it.  Perhaps not.  I told Twee when she came back.  She fell all over herself thanking me.  They have a small business and can't afford a lot of theft.  She made me take a bunch of raw hide chews for free.  My dogs love her.

When I got home, I cut some 1/2 Ply and Styrofoam to put under the 10 gallon.  Then I cut and stained some plywood to hide my ugly concrete block stank.

All I have left to do is WC and I'll be done for the day. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..sounds like a fun day....store hopping with a purpose.....  w!w|^| w!w
Jon

LizStreithorst

I dislike browsing.  If I shop, I have a purpose.

I forgot to mention that I unloaded 250 lbs of horse feed that I'd been driving around with for a couple of days.  I don't hurt any more than I normally do now, but I won't be surprised if I pay the price tomorrow.

Mugwump

..hot show, loungers, hot chamomile tea, and my trusty bowl..........time to settle in for the night.....

tunes anyone  huh

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

No hot bath for me.  Bed and the heating pad beckon.  I had a huge water leak.  Thank God it happened while I was still using water in the fish room rather than when I went to bed.  I drove to the water meter and that sucker was spinning like you wouldn't believe.  The damn horse had broken off the 1" staub where I fill her automatic waterer.  I didn't have the will to examine it.  I'll save that 'till morning.  Unless I am extremely unlucky it should be easy enough to at least cap off.  fingers crossed.

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

|^| w!w |^|

I haven't "Ray" in a long time.........thanks :D
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Like it?  I needed it.  I love it.  Thank you.