• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:04:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 151
Total: 151

My Bristlenose Surprise

Started by LizStreithorst, November 27, 2018, 08:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

But is it OK that the dad isn't in the cave with his eggs?  The long fin male has taken it over.  Will he eat the babies?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2018, 10:58:52 AM
But is it OK that the dad isn't in the cave with his eggs?  The long fin male has taken it over.  Will he eat the babies?

..it's not ok unless he's tending.....Dad should be in there....if he leaves, and Dad doesn't return.....you can yank the cave/fry to their own tank, then put Dad in there...he should go back to tending.....will the LF eat the fry?....he could if he wants to claim the cave as his own.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I just looked inside and that long finned bastard had eaten most of the eggs.  I only have a few eggs that haven't started wiggling yet.  I removed I put the bad boy back in the 125.

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Dad still has not gone back to his cave.  I can't see where he or the female who is not mom is.  It's OK.  This is way easier on me than the Discus disappointments I've been through. 

waterboy

He probably decided he didn't want to bother with the eggs. Sometimes they kick the eggs out of the cave. Maybe he is off chasing a better looking female.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

He is on the outside of the cave and the other female is close by.  May be he has the hots for her. 

Mugwump

..for clarity....when you move Dad/cave/eggs.....they should be in a tank by themselves....even as small as a 2 1/2 gal. will work....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

They're doing fine but no hanky panky.