• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 02:44:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

Billions and Billions

Started by LizStreithorst, November 26, 2018, 04:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I finally got disgusted with my Half Blacks and decide to artificially raise.  I was afraid that I would fail because I'd only tried this once before a long long time ago.  The Veil X stripeless pair spawned first.  There were a ton of them on the cone.  I moved them to a 10 gallon, dribbled Meth Blue over the eggs and put an air stone in place with a rubber band around it and the cone.  Today I woke up to billions and billions of wigglers.

Yesterday the two standard pairs spawned.  They had good spawns but nothing like the first pair.  I did the same with them and put them in a different 10 gallon.  The eggs look good so far.  I've got my fingers crossed.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 26, 2018, 04:00:40 PM
I finally got disgusted with my Half Blacks and decide to artificially raise.  I was afraid that I would fail because I'd only tried this once before a long long time ago.  The Veil X stripeless pair spawned first.  There were a ton of them on the cone.  I moved them to a 10 gallon, dribbled Meth Blue over the eggs and put an air stone in place with a rubber band around it and the cone.  Today I woke up to billions and billions of wigglers.

Yesterday the two standard pairs spawned.  They had good spawns but nothing like the first pair.  I did the same with them and put them in a different 10 gallon.  The eggs look good so far.  I've got my fingers crossed.

..nice job  |^|.....the survival rate is better raising artificially....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 26, 2018, 04:11:19 PM

Much better lol. Congrats Liz
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 26, 2018, 05:49:57 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on November 26, 2018, 04:11:19 PM

Much better lol. Congrats Liz

...ahem.....better set up more tanks..... :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have the tanks.  They are all filled with Adult Angels that I don't want.  I'll solve the tank space problem when I have to.  Until then, I'll keep feeding them and changing their water every day as though they were Discus. 

I never claimed to be sane.

I'm looking most forward to seeing what I get from the out cross.   I don't know Greek, but I think that all will be Silver HB's and none will be stripeless.  I'm not sure about the fin length.   Neither of the pair were bred by me.  Both came from different breeders.  It's a  total out cross from my home bred HB's. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 26, 2018, 07:23:29 PM
I have the tanks.  They are all filled with Adult Angels that I don't want.  I'll solve the tank space problem when I have to.  Until then, I'll keep feeding them and changing their water every day as though they were Discus. 

I never claimed to be sane.

I'm looking most forward to seeing what I get from the out cross.   I don't know Greek, but I think that all will be Silver HB's and none will be stripeless.  I'm not sure about the fin length.   Neither of the pair were bred by me.  Both came from different breeders.  It's a  total out cross from my home bred HB's.

...LOL...what is this word sane,,,,,?.....

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Jon