• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:00:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 161
Total: 162

Setting up a different type of tank

Started by LizStreithorst, November 25, 2018, 03:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

This involves plants, shrimp and Snots so I'm posting here in "general discussion"

I'm all excited.  I'm in the process of setting up a 30 gallon in my office to house plants cherry shrimp a pair of snots.  All I've done so far is haul in concrete blocks for a stand. put the tank in place with a heater and an air stone.  I ordered a cheapo LED light and a cheap HMF filter kit.  Tomorrow I'll hed to my LFS and have them order the list of plants I want.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 25, 2018, 03:59:51 PM
This involves plants, shrimp and Snots so I'm posting here in "general discussion"

I'm all excited.  I'm in the process of setting up a 30 gallon in my office to house plants cherry shrimp a pair of snots.  All I've done so far is haul in concrete blocks for a stand. put the tank in place with a heater and an air stone.  I ordered a cheapo LED light and a cheap HMF filter kit.  Tomorrow I'll hed to my LFS and have them order the list of plants I want.

...sounds like a nice project

..you could check with Ron and see if he has trimmings..... huh..and/or email Mark Huffman.. huh...either way you'll get healthier plants...IMHO  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

GraphicGr8s

There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Snots are what we call bristlenose here.  Mug started it and I picked it up from him.

Mugwump

How's the new setup doing?....get all your plants yet?

..pics huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The guy from Simply will be sending me 30 shrimp and the rest of the plants I need on Monday.  I'm really looking forward to getting the little shrimp in there.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2018, 09:48:11 AM
The guy from Simply will be sending me 30 shrimp and the rest of the plants I need on Monday.  I'm really looking forward to getting the little shrimp in there.

...cool beans...... |^| |^| |^| |^|
Jon

waterboy

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 01, 2018, 09:48:11 AM

Got any Pothos? It is a houseplant, sort of a vine thing.  It will grow great with the roots in the tank. The vine will grow all over above the tank, really looks nice. Might be fun to try in the tank your grooming customers see. Sucks up a lot of the nitrates in the tank too.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

None of my grooming customers see this tank but it sounds nice.  I'll keep in mind.

LizStreithorst

Time for an update...I haven't seen my two baby snots for almost a week.  I didn't see the male and female adult snots for several days.  Finally I spotted the female.  She has a favorite hiding place stuck to a piece of driftwood.  I finally spotted the male last night after tank lights went out.  He was hiding inside a piece of driftwood that has access holes in it.  Snots love that piece.  I bet that dad has eggs in there that he is caring for.  No clue what happened to the two baby snots.

The plants and shrimp arrived from my friend on Simply.  Not everything is in place the way I would like if for a pic, but the time will arrive soon.  I love watching this tank.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 09, 2018, 08:45:29 AM
Time for an update...I haven't seen my two baby snots for almost a week.  I didn't see the male and female adult snots for several days.  Finally I spotted the female.  She has a favorite hiding place stuck to a piece of driftwood.  I finally spotted the male last night after tank lights went out.  He was hiding inside a piece of driftwood that has access holes in it.  Snots love that piece.  I bet that dad has eggs in there that he is caring for.  No clue what happened to the two baby snots.

The plants and shrimp arrived from my friend on Simply.  Not everything is in place the way I would like if for a pic, but the time will arrive soon.  I love watching this tank.

....I'm glad that you're having fun with it....... |^|....new ideas and projects rock .. |^|...can't wait for the pics.... :)
Jon