• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 10:32:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

Yup...Saturday

Started by Mugwump, November 24, 2018, 05:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..the coffee is excellent  |^|

..rained all night and we're in the low 40's for the rest of the day.....tonight/tomorrow they say we'll get with the kitchen sink of forecasts.....cold, rainy, snowy, gale winds,blizzards, sleet, yada yada..the miserable dangerous stuff.....this will all likely change, of course.... huh huh huh

Weather Bug- "Light Snow". National Weather Service- Heavy Snow with accumulation up to 6" inches with reduced visibility due to up to 35 mph wind gusts..... So do we flip a coin as to what forecast we should follow?

so we'll do any errands this morning and hunker down tomorrow... huh

,,more coffee...brb

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. The coffee is excellent. It's warming up today on the Delmarva peninsula but with that warm up comes all day rain.

I have a pair of pearlscale plats (from Liz) that spawned on the intake tube in my 40b and the eggs are now wigglers. They are fighting off the other 3 fish in that tank so it looks like they have good instincts.

My choice is whether to pull the tube or pull the other three fish. One of the three fish I would remove is a rehabilitated fish that was so badly beaten and almost died and is now doing quite well with this group. I don't want it to slip back into a "not eating" mode.

I need to make up my mind today. huh 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..pull the tube and pair?.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..the latest....

Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 3:34 AM Nov. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING
THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations in excess
of 6 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.

* WHERE...Winnebago, Boone, McHenry, Ogle, Lee and DeKalb
Counties.

* WHEN...From Sunday morning through Sunday evening.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Travel could be very difficult. Snow
covered roads and significantly reduced visibility are possible.
Snowfall rates around 1 inch per hour are possible.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Winter Storm Watch means there is potential for significant
snow, sleet or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on November 24, 2018, 06:46:09 AM

That's a good idea. I do have a 20 that's ready to go but I had some other plans for it. I'll figure it out.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 24, 2018, 07:08:17 AM

That's a good idea. I do have a 20 that's ready to go but I had some other plans for it. I'll figure it out.

Too late. By the time I got back down to the basement the spawn had become breakfast for the others. I did manage to full the tube with about a half dozen wigglers on it but I won't do anything with those.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 24, 2018, 07:30:09 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on November 24, 2018, 07:08:17 AM

Too late. By the time I got back down to the basement the spawn had become breakfast for the others. I did manage to full the tube with about a half dozen wigglers on it but I won't do anything with those.

....there will be a next time I'm sure....
Jon