• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:31:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,249
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 152
Total: 153

TGIF====>>>

Started by Mugwump, November 16, 2018, 06:52:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....seems that old man winter has arrived early this year.. huh

Any plans for the weekend?....we have the GreenWater swap on Sunday and that's about it.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I'll take a drive down to DC on Sunday but other than that I will be here getting the outside of this place ready for the winter.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..anyone putting up Xmas decorations outside..?....We haven't done it in a few years...

...ran my errand.....now for some fish room putz'n..... huh....dreary outside,,,I feel like a nap....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't much celebrate holidays  :'(

After being so cold, damp and miserable outside, today is warm and perfect.  They say it will even warmer tomorrow ;D ;D ;D  I will enjoy tomorrow. 

Today I had dogs so I have been mostly inside.  Right now, I'm chilling before I go do WC.  2 of the 3 were elderly dogs.  I'll tell you what.  It's hard enough to do one old dog a day.  Doing 2 will wear you out...They are difficult for almost everything and try to bite.  They can't bite hard enough to draw blood but while they're biting it make it hard to do what you have to do.  You just do the best you can...

The Westie I did was the least bad and she came out looking good even though I had to brush and scissor her head from behind so she wouldn't bite the scissors.  She looked so good when I got done that I was proud of her groom!

The 17 year old cock-a-poo was next to impossible.  She would have looked acceptable had I been able to get near her face with any grooming tool.  I managed to to get it brushed but I couldn't get near it with the clipper.  I ended up taking swipes scissoring her face It wasn't terrible but it wasn't attractive.

I always tell the owners the truth about how the dogs acted with me.  They know their own dog well enough to understand. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...well bless da Sass's heart...she loves to be brushed, and combed...not bad with a bath either.... |^|..
Jon

LizStreithorst

Most dogs are good.  Some of the old ones put up a fight.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on November 16, 2018, 11:56:54 AM
..anyone putting up Xmas decorations outside..?....We haven't done it in a few years...

...ran my errand.....now for some fish room putz'n..... huh....dreary outside,,,I feel like a nap....

...the fellow that's been responsible for getting a group together to put up the park's outside Christmas decorations is getting to lame to do the job, so this year I'm going to head it up and he''ll coach me thru where everything goes...I've already cleared with the park manager to purchase some new decor this year because the others are getting so ratty looking |^|...we'll do this the day after T-giving...

...as for our personal decorations....not yet...but we will.... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron