• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 12:56:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 176
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 177
Total: 177

So is Liz going to....

Started by Mugwump, July 18, 2013, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..start breeding her discus now???...stay tuned.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on July 18, 2013, 08:09:15 PM
I bet she will!!
Barb

Let's hope so.....maybe she'll document the proceedings here??....pics??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm afraid it's up to the fish.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

RAH! RAH! SIS BOOM BA !........GO LIZ!!!!!! GO LIZ !!!!!!... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Actually, I got eggs from a teenage first time pair in the juvie community Discus tank.  The male appeared to be confused and ate some.  Then he make a tentative run.  I expected them to be gone the next morning, but they were not.  The parents took turns guarding them just as they should.  If there was a white egg, them must have picked it off because I never saw a white egg. 

By last night it sure looked like they would hatch out, but I had them in tap and I have NEVER gotten a Discus hatch in my tap, ever!  By this morning they had hatched and the parents were moving them.  That's a sign of good parenting.  After work today they were gone and the pair were bowing and shaking to one another and staring lovingly at the cone once again.

Mugwump

Excellent....congrats on the new pair....cool
Jon

Barb

LizStreithorst

Not yet, Barb.  Wigglers do not a breeder make :P

b125killer

That awesome Liz. I think that wigglers do make it a breeder. They are alive and hatched they just don't swim yet. :D
Scott

PaulineMi

I think Liz is referring to the quality of the discus...shape, color size.   ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Got wigglers again.  This time from a better quality pair of the same strain that spawned in the commumity tank.  These are alone in a 40 cube.  Only 50 or 60 of them, I'd guess.  That's OK with me.  I've gotten so I prefer smaller spawns.  I can leave the parents in with them longer.

Mugwump

Cool beans!!!!...........pics?? ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

All it is  is a bunch of black dots with tails on a ceramic thing with algae on it.

Mugwump

Nice...gotta like fry....neat little things
Jon