• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169

Albino Dantums....Greg

Started by Babers, November 07, 2018, 08:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

Damn that sucks Joel,they where great looking fish.
I have wanted some forever,with my luck if I ever find some it would be the same outcome.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Babers

So my 2 remaining "used-to-be" Albino Dantums has not turned back yet.

But I think they are male and female  huh. Maybe I'll get lucky with them. They've been staying together all the time in the community tank and one of them is carrying eggs, her papilla is out and both are cleaning on and off. So, I separated them and got them their own tank.

We'll see....
Joel

Mugwump

..that would be great.......good luck!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Babers

I was very pre-occupied with the BSP pair spawning that I didn't realized the dantum  "pair" spawned also. Most of eggs were eaten but was able to remove a few just to see if the really are a proven pair. Hopefully...unless he didn't do his part of the bargain...
Joel

Babers

Nothing on these guys yet. Til next time...
Joel

Babers

Got a confirmed pair!!! ;D ....nothing to brag about the number of wigglers...but I see some wiggling on their latest spawn. Took them only 8 days to spawn again. They're young...not too many eggs and not too many fertilized.

Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on February 23, 2020, 08:11:58 PM
Got a confirmed pair!!! ;D ....nothing to brag about the number of wigglers...but I see some wiggling on their latest spawn. Took them only 8 days to spawn again. They're young...not too many eggs and not too many fertilized.

..it's a start  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Great news Joel.
I'm likely only going to give mine the next few month to get some successful spawns.

If not i'm  DONE with fish altogether.
Will get rid  of all my equipment,so that will be the end of that.

At this point it's nothing but a waste of time,spending money and frustration.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Babers

Sorry to hear that you're getting frustrated with them. I wish you goodluck with them. I know you do put a lot of time and effort with them.

Mine...got 4 fry that I see now after removing all the unfertilized eggs. Who knows if I accidentally sucked some. But I'm positive that they are all Albinos. It's been 8 days since the spawn and not freeswimming yet. I doubt that they will at this point. I'm not planning on raising them at this time. I'll wait until I get a bigger hatch rate.
Joel

Babers

Has a 3rd spawn but male didn't do anything. All turned white.  wfwf
Joel

Babers

4th spawn last night. Didn't see the male participate. I just left the eggs with them. Gone this morning.
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on March 10, 2020, 07:27:47 AM
4th spawn last night. Didn't see the male participate. I just left the eggs with them. Gone this morning.

....hopefully they'll get it right soon.... |^|
Jon

Babers

Hope he starts doing something....before she decides she don't want to lay eggs anymore...
Joel

Mugwump

Quote from: Babers on March 10, 2020, 10:45:22 AM
Hope he starts doing something....before she decides she don't want to lay eggs anymore...

...oh yeah....good luck !
Jon

Babers

The pair stopped laying eggs for some reason. Last one was March 9. Took them almost a month to spawn again. Small clutch of eggs last night. So far a few white eggs this afternoon. Crossing my fingers....
Joel