• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:45:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 140
Total: 141

Albino Dantums....Greg

Started by Babers, November 07, 2018, 08:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babers

Joel

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Thanks for the heads-up Joel.
I  noticed that the other day and bought 6,they arrived yesterday.

NOT good,tiny fish,poor packing and DOA.

Got refund today.

Have some set in a couple month from  another breeder.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

ghonk

Bought as dimes,how pathetic is this?

Paul Simon

Babers

My confession....I've been wanting to get some since you've had the dantums Greg, but I just never got around to doing it.

So when the guy started selling them in AQ, I got some. You were right, they were even pre-dimes, instead of Qaurters when I got mine. Fortunately, only 2 died in shipping. They were very brittle when I got them. But managed to have them survive.

They are now dollar size...here's a couple pictures.
Joel

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

They look great  Joel.
Was a delay in getting my new ones ,likely have them in a couple weeks.
Paul Simon

Babers

They were so skittish since I got them....couple months in their own tank (qt). Acts like wild angels. You think they get used to me feeding them and changing their water, but didn't. (I don't think I look that scary  ???) I finally mixed them in with the BSP's. And that solved that problem. From being bunched up in a corner to begging for food in front of the glass. :P :P
Joel

Babers

Getting bigger....
Joel

LizStreithorst

Such beautiful fish, and will you just look at that fat belly |^|
Always move forward. Never look back.

Babers

Joel

Mugwump

.... |^|...cool beans.... :D...nice job !
Jon

ghonk

They look fantastic Joel,how many do you have?

Mine were delayed AGAIN,airport screw up and they didn't ship.
Getting them on the weekend.

Spoke to soon.
Just  got a message that it will be at least a couple weeks due to the weather. :(

Paul Simon

Mugwump

...where are they shipping from....??
Jon

Babers

Thanks Jon.

Greg...I bought 6, but 2 died on shipping. Hopefully I get a pair from the 4. I have them for three and a half months now....so I'm assuming they are +/- 5 months old. Still aways before they start to breed.

How old were yours when they started spawning?
Joel