• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 07:59:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

Go vote

Started by Mugwump, November 06, 2018, 04:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 12, 2018, 02:00:36 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 09, 2018, 05:20:27 PM
I had no idea that you'd been ill.  One day you were simply no longer posting.  Keep getting well and post more.  I look forward for both things.

In all honesty Liz I just lost interest in forums for a while. Haven't really been on any of them. Just got bored  guess. I check in here even if I don't sign in just to see how you all are doing. Still doing fish and looking to expand to just over 100 tanks. Was hoping to have that done by the end of December then get my permitting in Florida.

I was walking out to put some ribs on my Weber. I had left the cover on the floor. It's a dome with a handle. My left foot caught that handle. I saw the mower coming towards my head and said "Oh Shit!" to no one but myself. I hit the mower with my forehead. My nose hit the ground. So basically I was bleeding out of my nose and mouth and eating dirt. (I don't recommend eating dirt. In fact I don't recommend any of this ever.)
I assessed the situation. (Never lost consciousness) Can't feel, or move, my legs. My arms and shoulders in excruciating pain. Can't move them however and they are below my body  along with the bowl with the ribs and tongs. (Thank God I didn't bring a knife out like I normally do.) I am on my stomach. I can't breath well on my stomach because my phrenic nerve on the right side is paralyzed. And I can't move. So I was just lifting my head up every time to get a breath.
Said out loud "So this is how it ends."
God had other ideas however.
Screamed "Help!" for a while. I am on an acre. No one hears you. Not even in the house.
Finally I heard the screen door open so I yelled out "Cil, call 911 I need an ambulance"
"What happened?"
"I fell. I can't get up."
She gets all flustered so I have to tell her the house numbers.

Long story a bit less long I made my septum an accordion.

Something is going on with my nerves. Constant tingling feeling.

And I found out that Fentynal and Morphine do not take my pain away. I am resistant to opioids it seems. A bit worried about the septum surgery and pain management on the 21st truth be told.

..well that really sucks....wow..I'm so sorry to hear about the injuries.... but heads up...I'm betting the 'doc's' will patch you up good....keep us updated please...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Eh Jon, I have learned to just deal with what you have to and don't fret on it too long. It is what it is. I am not going to let it stop me from enjoying my son that is for sure.

That little sucker knows so much about the stars and cosmos it is amazing. (He's now 9 10 in May)
Thinking about getting him a decent telescope if I can afford it.
All he ever seems to talk about are neutrino stars, black holes, white dwarfs, quasi-stars etc. Wish he'd start talking about physics. At least there I can answer his questions.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Holy moly, you sure have be through it.  All that because of tripping over the lid from the grill.  It's too weird.

I'm glad that you're back with us and have plans for the fish room.  Your son sounds amazing.  Best of luck for the best outcome possible.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 12, 2018, 03:00:05 PM
Eh Jon, I have learned to just deal with what you have to and don't fret on it too long. It is what it is. I am not going to let it stop me from enjoying my son that is for sure.

That little sucker knows so much about the stars and cosmos it is amazing. (He's now 9 10 in May)
Thinking about getting him a decent telescope if I can afford it.
All he ever seems to talk about are neutrino stars, black holes, white dwarfs, quasi-stars etc. Wish he'd start talking about physics. At least there I can answer his questions.

..is there an astronomy club at his school ?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

No he's only in 4th grade. I doubt any of his friends are at the level he is in astronomy and astrophysics.
Helps he is a great mathmetician.

And his current report card is all A's but one. A B in writing.

And he loves snails. And rocks. He knows more rock than I ever did. He is destined for something in the sciences I think. I may be raising a kid with an IQ higher than my own. And that will get him into trouble if I don't feed it well enough. Caused me a lot of trouble as a teen in high school.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were