• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 12:08:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 92
Total: 92

Equipment doesn't last forever.

Started by LizStreithorst, October 20, 2018, 01:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've had my Eheim 2217 filter on my 125 community tank since 2002.  It never occurred to me that one day it would die until the flow from the spray bar started to get slow.  After 3 cleanings about two weeks apart including running a brush thorough the hoses the second time, I finally realized that it's not long for this life.  I looked at several options but I decided to order another 2217.  It has done a good job and been a work horse for 16 years.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 20, 2018, 01:16:45 PM
I've had my Eheim 2217 filter on my 125 community tank since 2002.  It never occurred to me that one day it would die until the flow from the spray bar started to get slow.  After 3 cleanings about two weeks apart including running a brush thorough the hoses the second time, I finally realized that it's not long for this life.  I looked at several options but I decided to order another 2217.  It has done a good job and been a work horse for 16 years.

I would get another one too. It's a great filter. As a matter of fact I think I'll be ordering one soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...never tried one....but they look interesting  |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson