• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:56:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134

Milwaukee swap today...

Started by Mugwump, October 14, 2018, 04:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I know Bob/Gale and Dale are going .....they both live a lot closer than we do......

This is part of the weekend Milwaukee Fish Bowl event....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

It's at a new place this time, some hotel out in Menominee Falls. The last swaps associated with the Fish Bowl event have been sort of duds because everyone spends their money on Saturday.  But we will give it a shot anyway.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 14, 2018, 07:25:18 AM
It's at a new place this time, some hotel out in Menominee Falls. The last swaps associated with the Fish Bowl event have been sort of duds because everyone spends their money on Saturday.  But we will give it a shot anyway.

....I know.....I've seen swaps followed by auctions that suck too...because just save there $$$'s for the auctions....ya can't win with having either on following days... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Yes it was sort of a dud.  Bob might have a different opinion, I think he was there Saturday. When they opened the doors Sunday four people came in. More later of course but they sure weren't lined up like usual.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Rjb3

You say four came in at 10:00? I only saw two people waiting. Maybe two more got in line after I walked by. LOL It was a slow start. The whole day is what I call a grind. No more than one person at the table at a time. You have plenty of time to finish a conversation without interruption, however is makes for a slow day.

The other thing is I sell just food and nothing else. That makes things a little different for me compared to anyone else selling at the swap. If they don't need food they keep right on going. At least with bags of fish they might stop and see what kinds you have. I'd say half my customers today were repeat. So they came to buy my food. All the rest went right on by. We had a few referrals and a few first time buyers. It wasn't a bad day at all for us, all things considered.

Bug was a hit. When I first introduced that food five years ago it didn't take the world by storm.

Saturday was so slow it wasn't even funny.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on October 14, 2018, 06:04:34 PM
You say four came in at 10:00? I only saw two people waiting. Maybe two more got in line after I walked by. LOL It was a slow start. The whole day is what I call a grind. No more than one person at the table at a time. You have plenty of time to finish a conversation without interruption, however is makes for a slow day.

The other thing is I sell just food and nothing else. That makes things a little different for me compared to anyone else selling at the swap. If they don't need food they keep right on going. At least with bags of fish they might stop and see what kinds you have. I'd say half my customers today were repeat. So they came to buy my food. All the rest went right on by. We had a few referrals and a few first time buyers. It wasn't a bad day at all for us, all things considered.

Bug was a hit. When I first introduced that food five years ago it didn't take the world by storm.

Saturday was so slow it wasn't even funny.

...did you stay up there ?....or travel daily?
Jon

Rjb3

We traveled. Gale didn't go Saturday. I was alone for the slow convention traffic. Today she came along for the swap.