• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Thursday morn'n

Started by Mugwump, October 11, 2018, 05:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...great coffee on this cold morn'n.......

..40degs with 20/30 mph winds.....yup, a wind chill factor in the 30's....we have a freeze warning for tonight..... |brr|....the 'heat' is turned on now...

...fish room stuff this morning...then putz'n..... huh

..more coffee...brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning Jon. The coffee is great once again. Temps are still on the warm side but will be crashing tonight. We will be seeing some rain overnight from the remnants of Micheal just as a cold front is arriving.

I will be more inland as I will be going to pick up Vikki in DC and heading out to NYC this weekend. The storm will be out to sea by then.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Morn'n Willie....etal

..fish fed and now feeding me... :)....so far it's a slow morn'n.... huh

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 11, 2018, 05:56:46 AM
Good morning Jon. The coffee is great once again. Temps are still on the warm side but will be crashing tonight. We will be seeing some rain overnight from the remnants of Micheal just as a cold front is arriving.

I will be more inland as I will be going to pick up Vikki in DC and heading out to NYC this weekend. The storm will be out to sea by then.

Went downstairs to feed the fish and the power was out in the basement. Breaker tripped overnight. That's never happened here before. The temps are at 75 so it must have been down for a while. My basement is air-conditioned and the heaters are set between 78 - 81.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

That must have been scary!  75 isn't bad for a few hrs.  The fish will be fine.

I woke up to a multitude of half black wigglers :D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...morning folks...

...74 here now and should top out at 81....some cloudiness today and may get rain for the weekend...it's those friends of ours from Seattle coming to visit and bringing it with them... :D :D :D :D

...fish are fed...time for some morning Chambra Chai from Costco...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 11, 2018, 10:49:34 AM
...morning folks...

...74 here now and should top out at 81....some cloudiness today and may get rain for the weekend...it's those friends of ours from Seattle coming to visit and bringing it with them... :D :D :D :D

...with the lower humidity out there it should be perfect weather.....minus the rain, of course... |^|

Did you solve the algae problem?.....forgot to suggest checking your nitrates?....perhaps not all the food your friend fed while you were gone got eaten?....fish can be funny if not fed close to their regular feeding time....as you know, nitrates encourage algae...
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 11, 2018, 11:02:04 AM
...morning folks...

Did you solve the algae problem?....
...not yet..I'm cutting the light back and will check nitrates...I have noticed the sponge tower is probably clogged a bit and the output has slowed...I'm hitting it with some extra Excel too...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 11, 2018, 11:12:03 AM
...morning folks...

...not yet..I'm cutting the light back and will check nitrates...I have noticed the sponge tower is probably clogged a bit and the output has slowed...I'm hitting it with some extra Excel too...

..or bite the bullet and just squeeze it out good in a bucket of tank water.....sounds like you'll have to do it soon anyway... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 11, 2018, 04:47:40 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 11, 2018, 11:12:03 AM
...morning folks...

..or bite the bullet and just squeeze it out good in a bucket of tank water.....sounds like you'll have to do it soon anyway... huh
...YUP!   
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron