• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 03:13:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 186
Total: 186

Monday morn'n

Started by Mugwump, October 08, 2018, 05:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is great ....and needed...slept hard, but still groggy......long day yesterday.....

..a two day heat wave into the 80's before crashing to some highs in the 40's/50's....lows in the 30's....might see our first frost?

..post swap stuff this morn'n.....cleaning buckets, tanks, etc that we used yesterday...then chill'n... huh

..more coffee...brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

MMMmmmmmm...I can smell pot #2 brewing... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...'mornin' Mugs...

...we had an interesting meeting at SAS yesterday...50 people showed up, double our normal...!  all seemed to be going well...people were bringing in their Bettas for the bowl show contest...our speaker and judge, Stacey Fenhaus from the IBC was there...raffles went well...BUT...try as we may, they couldn't get the AV projector to communicate with Stacey's computer...!!! :'(  I was doing a lot of tap dancing up front while they were working on the problem - which never was solved....SO...more tap dancing and we went on with the auction and the rest of the meeting which went well actually...Stacey promised to come back to another meeting to give her presentation...we even talked of an annual Betta show and even getting it set up as an IBC sanctioned show....! So our fledgling aquarium club is getting some steam under way..!

...our fall weather has certainly arrived...72 expected high today...

...I have an eye doctor visit scheduled for a follow up on these bright flashes I get in my left eye...post-vitriol-detachment...when the vitreous gel begins to detach from the back of the eye...not uncommon in aging adults...no real problem, just annoyance...and it's not as bat as it was a month ago when it began and I went to him...

...then while I'm over in that neck of the woods I'll get an oil change in Tweety Bird....then come back and pay our property taxes...A busy first half of the day...

...tonight at 11:45 I'll pick up Miss Lucy at Sky Harbor in Phoenix...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I have run out of excuses.  I have fed fish, folded the laundry, vacuumed the floor, tried again with all my might to break the bolts on the AC generator in the wrecked truck without success, Called Chip and asked it a muscle man could break them loose of if it needed power tools, left a message for Zack to come muscle it for me, checked my forums a multitude of times, swept my entry mats and decided to power wash them,  unboxed the power washer, discovered that it didn't come with the high pressure hose >:(, ordered a hose, called my egg and told her I had 3 1/2 dozen eggs,unboxed the new mopping machine that FedEx delivered because the motor on my old one was dying, ordered a clamp on light from Amazon, and now I have run out of reasons not to do my taxes.

I got an extension, as I always do because even though my taxes are easy, I hate, hate hate working with all those damn numbers!  The box of receipts is on the grooming table waiting for me.  Oh well, one must do what one must do.   
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 08, 2018, 11:28:04 AM
I have run out of excuses.  I have fed fish, folded the laundry, vacuumed the floor, tried again with all my might to break the bolts on the AC generator in the wrecked truck without success, Called Chip and asked it a muscle man could break them loose of if it needed power tools, left a message for Zack to come muscle it for me, checked my forums a multitude of times, swept my entry mats and decided to power wash them,  unboxed the power washer, discovered that it didn't come with the high pressure hose >:(, ordered a hose, called my egg and told her I had 3 1/2 dozen eggs,unboxed the new mopping machine that FedEx delivered because the motor on my old one was dying, ordered a clamp on light from Amazon, and now I have run out of reasons not to do my taxes.

I got an extension, as I always do because even though my taxes are easy, I hate, hate hate working with all those damn numbers!  The box of receipts is on the grooming table waiting for me.  Oh well, one must do what one must do.
...I sent mine up to the accountant I've used for years in WA over the weekend...I hate this stuff too!...it'll be a relief when she's done and I can not concern myself with it until next year!..I know she'll be emailing me back questions that I've overlooked...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My accountant gives me forms to fill in the numbers in the right places.  That is the hard part for me.  Then I give him the forms and he does all the rest except sign the return.  Right now I am separating 2017 from 2018.  I"m not even close to filling in the numbers.  I'm not even sure where the form he sent me is.  I'm hoping that it's in that big box of receipts I'm slugging my way through.   

Mugwump

I put all the receipts in a shoe box as I get them, they're all in order that way......then drop 'em off and let them work for those big bucks... :)

Jon

waterboy

LOL  Always did my own and learned to like it.  Helps keep me aware of what is going on. I'll bet your accountant just smiles a big grin every time you show up with more money for him.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

He does! He has even told me that I do all the work for him  It costs me $200. every time.  The ting is that I don't know what to do with all those numbers and he does.

At any rate I got a long break from separating 2017 from 2018.  The boys came and removed my AC compressor from the wrecked truck.  It was way harder than either they or I thought.  Seems like I spent forever running back and forth finding the right tools.  They even had to improvise with some stuff.  But...They got it off and are taking it to Chip.  If I were forced to have it towed to chips it would have been $80. there and $80. to get it back here.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 08, 2018, 03:49:56 PM
He does! He has even told me that I do all the work for him  It costs me $200. every time.  The ting is that I don't know what to do with all those numbers and he does.

At any rate I got a long break from separating 2017 from 2018.  The boys came and removed my AC compressor from the wrecked truck.  It was way harder than either they or I thought.  Seems like I spent forever running back and forth finding the right tools.  They even had to improvise with some stuff.  But...They got it off and are taking it to Chip.  If I were forced to have it towed to chips it would have been $80. there and $80. to get it back here.

...you need to spray those bolts with WD or Liquid Wrench and let 'em soak a bit.....it does help loosen up bolts that are seized by time, or rust even.....couple good hammer raps can help too...

even a small propane torch can help..... |^|...heat em up....
Jon

Ron Sower

...I don't mind paying my accountant...she's saved me a lot of money over the years!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon