• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 16, 2024, 08:20:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

Saturday doo dah, doo dah....

Started by Mugwump, October 06, 2018, 06:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..all the doo dah day...... :D

....flood watch here....the ground is saturated pretty good.... wfwf

..what's up folks?....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Hello all..! I've returned to AZ from WA now and am happy to be home...I love the wide open space here in the desert!...Lucy comes home MOnday night, so I have some uninterrupted time to finish the tax prep to send to my account for the 2017 extension...!  I hate working on this stuff!...Liz, want to come help me?  :D I know you love it about as much as I do...!

... we saw 2 of our granddaughter's games last Saturday and they won one and lost on...Lucy will be going to 2 today and 2 tomorrow....

...My aquarium was in good shape..my buddy, Ron, feeds them exactly as I have it set up...one packet of food every other day...Plants slowed their growth because I wasn't fertilizing them and I put the lights on the low setting...

...the weather is getting to be wonderful here, in the 80s and I'm driving around with windows open, and also airing out the house a bit with open windows...

...That's all for now...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Hi Ron, nice to see you back safely....rest up and enjoy the weather... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 06, 2018, 10:08:35 AM
Hi Ron, nice to see you back safely....rest up and enjoy the weather... |^|
Thanks...and I will...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My boys are chain sawing and loading the stuff on to Charlotte and tossing it on the burn pile while I push my string mower behind them.  The place is looking better all the time.  I can't believe I'm able to mow now that I'm doing fewer dogs, but I can.  Yesterday I even cleaned the chicken house.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Well, I'm screwed for today.  Just after I posted about how everything was coming together everything fell apart at once. 

As I ran the mower up to where the boys were working I started loosing revs.  I looked, and one of the springs to the carburetor needed tightening.  I can't do it while the engine is hot.  At the same time Tony was looking at the chain saw and had it apart.  It was blowing out oil (It had to be chain oil).  Then right after that, the belt that runs everything fell off Charlotte. 

This is the 3rd time this has happened!  Chip put it back on last week.  We looked at it and I noticed that the AC compressor had play in it.  Zack looked harder and saw that in the two places the compressor is bolted on, one of those places is cracked all the way through.  The boys put the belt back on, but it's putting a lot of stress on the remaining bolt.  They took a screw driver with them so that they could pry+ the belt back on if it comes off again.  They said that they will take it slow on their way to Chip's.  They have my phone number if they break down so I can rescue them in the Peamite and have Charlotte towed.

Everything has turned to shit.  Nothing is a big problem except for Charlotte.  Chip needed to take 3 AC compressors to make one that worked on Charlotte.  I'm willing to do without an AC if there is a belt that will run everything without the compressor.

I was all happy an hour ago.  Now I'm all depressed.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 06, 2018, 12:11:06 PM
Well, I'm screwed for today.  Just after I posted about how everything was coming together everything fell apart at once. 

As I ran the mower up to where the boys were working I started loosing revs.  I looked, and one of the springs to the carburetor needed tightening.  I can't do it while the engine is hot.  At the same time Tony was looking at the chain saw and had it apart.  It was blowing out oil (It had to be chain oil).  Then right after that, the belt that runs everything fell off Charlotte. 

This is the 3rd time this has happened!  Chip put it back on last week.  We looked at it and I noticed that the AC compressor had play in it.  Zack looked harder and saw that in the two places the compressor is bolted on, one of those places is cracked all the way through.  The boys put the belt back on, but it's putting a lot of stress on the remaining bolt.  They took a screw driver with them so that they could pry+ the belt back on if it comes off again.  They said that they will take it slow on their way to Chip's.  They have my phone number if they break down so I can rescue them in the Peamite and have Charlotte towed.

Everything has turned to shit.  Nothing is a big problem except for Charlotte.  Chip needed to take 3 AC compressors to make one that worked on Charlotte.  I'm willing to do without an AC if there is a belt that will run everything without the compressor.

....cheer up  :)......it'll all work out... |^|...always does  :)
Jon

Mugwump

..almost done getting ready....change from the bank, gas for the Tahoe, loaded the fish tanks and loaded swap gear tote in the Tahoe..threw hand cart in there too.....now to bag some bn's....angels well go in buckets in the morning, until the swap tanks are setup, 5gal buckets of water for the tanks already treated/filled ...so we're grabbing lunch before finishing up...

...in the morning...fish in buckets, load up and head out.... |^|

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on October 06, 2018, 12:37:57 PM
..almost done getting ready....change from the bank, gas for the Tahoe, loaded the fish tanks and loaded swap gear tote in the Tahoe..threw hand cart in there too.....now to bag some bn's....angels well go in buckets in the morning, until the swap tanks are setup, 5gal buckets of water for the tanks already treated/filled ...so we're grabbing lunch before finishing up...

..sounds good and like you're heading off to success! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 06, 2018, 12:53:04 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 06, 2018, 12:37:57 PM

..sounds good and like you're heading off to success! |^|

..thanks Ron...we'll have a good time and sell some fish......and yak a bunch with old friends too  :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on October 06, 2018, 12:29:00 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 06, 2018, 12:11:06 PM

....cheer up  :)......it'll all work out... |^|...always does  :)

I'm already somewhat cheered up.  Someone saw my guys around Charlotte at Chips and called him.  Chip called me and I told them it was OK, that they were my guys.  I also told him about Charlotte.  He told me that since I bought the wrecked truck, it has all original equipment and we could use the compressor from it. 

I'm not quite in the mood to go searching through the tools in the barn to find the right sockets and ratchet.  I'll try to be in the mood and get it done tomorrow.  I'll do wipe downs on tanks today.

Have fun at the swap. Muggers.  Hope you sell out.

Mugwump

...thanks Liz....we're done downstairs til the morn'n...it's chill out time  |^|......

...now to decide what to eat tonight,,,neither of us feels like cooking..... wfwf

Jon

Mugwump

Jon