• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 10:47:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 292
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 287
Total: 287

A cool Wednesday morn'n...

Started by Mugwump, September 26, 2018, 04:23:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is very good...very, very good.....slept like hell last night.....blah

...not sure what's on tap today... huh..but likely a nap in there somewhere.......

,,,more coffee,,,brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning. The coffee is very very good. Another rainy day here in Delaware. It's supposed to clear out in time for the weekend and then cooler temps will roll into the area.

Will be attending to desperately needed water changes today.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning guys....

...it's been a busy few recent days here...

...weather is holding at sunny and 100 or around there...and dry...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

LOL....we're about half that temp here...... :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

I took Chloe to the vet this morning at 8.  I figured that eye with the ulcer would have to be removed.  Dr. Karen gave me two 3 options.  She said that the eye was blind and there was a chance that I could save the globe by keeping on doing what I had been doing...drops every 2 hrs. and pain meds in the morning.  The alternative was to remove the eye.  I opted to remove the eye.  It is painful to her, she already can't see out of it, it keeps getting worse although I have been doing everything,and she is 12 years old. 

I finally groomed my first dog here at the house, a show trim an a weekly Bichon.  I was slightly disorganized at first but it took just that one dog to get me organized.  The next dogs will be easier.  I will just deal with the drip from the in-coming bath tub water for a while.  I need a little time to breath.

One strange thing happened that I don't understand.  There's a GFI in my grooming room because I used to have a fish tank there.  A power strip only works on the bottom plug of the GFI.  I need another power strip that is on the same circuit on the opposite side of the room.  A power strip won't work there either.  What's up with that?  It's totally over my head.

Dr. Karen will remove the eye at 3 this afternoon.  She'll let me bring Chloe home when she gets done because I'm me.  She will be more comfortable waking up here with me and it will save me one night of hospitalization.  It'll still cost a bundle.  Oh well...when you take a dog into your life you take the responsibility of caring for it despite the cost.

Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

QuoteOne strange thing happened that I don't understand.  There's a GFI in my grooming room because I used to have a fish tank there.  A power strip only works on the bottom plug of the GFI.  I need another power strip that is on the same circuit on the opposite side of the room.  A power strip won't work there either.  What's up with that?  It's totally over my head.

Not usre I am understanding it correctly, but...
If you are saying only one of the outlets of the GFI are working,
I would suggest replacing the GFI (its easy: get new GFI, turn power off to outlet at panel, replace GFI, turn power back on, test)
GFI are way more complex than a normal outlet and they can go "BAD".
Why it might happen to one outlet of the GFI and not the other? Don't know.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.