• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 12:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

Okay..it's Tuesday...

Started by Mugwump, September 25, 2018, 07:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....so here goes another day......let's see what it trouble I can get into.... huh... ;D

.....pot #2...grab a cup  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I got the tub raised up on 2" concrete pads because the drain in the tub was lower than the pipe sticking out of the wall.  Then I spent 2 hrs looking at and messing with these PVC fittings until I gave up and called my neighbor.  It would have been straight forward if the hardware store had enough drain fittings but they didn't.  The guy there showed me how to combine the drain fittings with sch. 40 PVC.  I just can't figure it out.  I'm frustrated as hell.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...look in the pile of the fittings you got from the guy for a reducer (s)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..Water changes done....now just putz'n.....grass is still damp from the brief down pour this morning....mow tomorrow?...

....it is sticky humid here......but rain in a bit and the temps, etc will drop a bunch....cooler and dry weather moving in .... |^|..fall's a coming  :)
Jon

Mugwump

...this should be fun....storm arriving in about 30mims.....temp is 83degs now....it'll drop near 30degs in nothing flat.... huh...there'll be some pretty healthy winds accompanying this bad boy....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2018, 10:46:20 AM

There was no reducer but my neighbor looked at it and found another way to make it work.  This guy knows what he's doing and the job, took him 3 whole hours.  He always says he doesn't mine but 3 hours when he has stuff of his own that he has to do make me feel guilty as hell.  He had to drill a hole in the sheet metal of the tub to make it work.  No wonder I couldn't figure it out myself!  This job was way over my head.

I was so concerned about buying the right stuff for the water out that I forgot to buy it for the water in.  What I got should have worked but it didn't.  Still, I can bathe dogs until I can take the faucet off and take it to the store and either get something that will work with out a leak or replace the ancient faucet.  At least I can bath dogs as long as I put a towel down under the parts that leak.  This should have been an easy job but it has whupped me good.

My dog with the bad eye needs to go to the vet early tomorrow because I have a weekly grooming customer coming at 9.  I treat the dog's eye as close to every 2 hrs as I but it it worse.  I feel certain that she will loose the eye.

I so yearn for everything to get back to same old, same old.  Oh how I would love to be bored .  I need to be able to eat again.  I have lost to much weight that my britches are falling off.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 25, 2018, 04:16:36 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2018, 10:46:20 AM

There was no reducer but my neighbor looked at it and found another way to make it work.  This guy knows what he's doing and the job, took him 3 whole hours.  He always says he doesn't mine but 3 hours when he has stuff of his own that he has to do make me feel guilty as hell.  He had to drill a hole in the sheet metal of the tub to make it work.  No wonder I couldn't figure it out myself!  This job was way over my head.

I was so concerned about buying the right stuff for the water out that I forgot to buy it for the water in.  What I got should have worked but it didn't.  Still, I can bathe dogs until I can take the faucet off and take it to the store and either get something that will work with out a leak or replace the ancient faucet.  At least I can bath dogs as long as I put a towel down under the parts that leak.  This should have been an easy job but it has whupped me good.

My dog with the bad eye needs to go to the vet early tomorrow because I have a weekly grooming customer coming at 9.  I treat the dog's eye as close to every 2 hrs as I but it it worse.  I feel certain that she will loose the eye.

I so yearn for everything to get back to same old, same old.  Oh how I would love to be bored .  I need to be able to eat again.  I have lost to much weight that my britches are falling off.

...stop...take a big breath and chill for the day......grab a sandwich and a cold one as you watch your fish......nice tunes will help too......it sounds like things are moving along just fine.....hell most household plumbing jobs take at least three trips to the hardware store....LOL.....I should know.....LOL
Jon