• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:14:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137

MONDAY !

Started by Mugwump, September 24, 2018, 05:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

'morning all.  I've got the vet for 2 dogs at 9 this morning, then have to plumb my tub for water in and water out.

The "in" will be a snap.  I have a question about the "out"  because although I am a wiz at water in, I have never in my life had to hook up a drain and this one has 3 right angles.  How does one cut that thin walled drain pipe?  Won't regular PBC cutters mush to out of round or break it?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...I just use a hack saw with a clean blade.....cuts it fine  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

..that is one great pot of chili I made Saturday.....but now, for awhile, I need to avoid crowds....... :D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Thanks for the advice on the hack saw gents.

Back from the vet another $125 poorer.  Chloe's eye is no better.  She is now of 3 different types of drops up to every 2 hrs.  The E collar was a disaster so they gave her something called a Zen collar.  It's like a big doughnut around her neck.  I tell her that she's special because she gets to wear a beautiful necklace and none of the other dogs have one.  She seems to be doing fine with it.

I'm headed to the feed store now for 700 llbs. of feed.  My neighbor is back in town.  He unloads it for me.

Mugwump

Hey hey...just bought myself a new elec shaver....my Braun elec razor finally conked out on me after 25+ years.......a very good and reliable that razor was too....so I bought another Braun....I can even shave in the shower now..or use foam lather if I should ever want to.....unplugged, of course....rinse under the faucet...yada yada....I'll just use it dry like my old one....might give rinsing a try tho...?  huh....

..funny when you're younger you want toys and gadgets....but now I'm pleased as punch to have a new razor... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

...getting hazy, cloudy, cool and humid.....rain must be coming in earlier than expected...?
Jon

LizStreithorst

Today was a great success even though all I did was spend money.  After the vet and the dogs' and my meds I went to the hardware store and waited until the guy who knows everything was free.  He wished for a picture but all I had was the picture in my head so I closed my eyes and painted my picture in words for him.

He only had 3 90 degree fittings in stock so I am going to have to do it with sch. 40 PVC.  He showed me how.  I got it when he told me and I closed my eyes to imagine it in my head.  I don't know if it will still all be in my head tomorrow but I couldn't tackle it today because thinker is worn out.  It will be refreshed after a good sleep.

Then I went to the feed store and got 850 lbs of feed.  Charlotte is a gem.  I stopped by Chip's place and showed him how she was being like a big truck.

Next my weekly customer called.  He wants to come Wednesday instead of his normal Friday.  I told him about the drain and he said that if I couldn't do it myself he would do it for me.  He said that it would be a snap for him.  I want to do it myself but it's good that he offered just in case I'm too stupid to do it myself.

Finally, I called my big strong neighbor and told him about all that feed I had in the truck.  He unloaded it all for me.  It's all piled up neatly but when I look at all that horse feed it feels like I'm a feed store.

I'm almost ready for bed even though it's early.  Sweet dreams everyone.  See y'all tomorrow.