• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 15, 2024, 11:21:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,299
  • Total Topics: 18,524
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 94
Total: 94

Questions about moving my 125 from the shop to the house

Started by LizStreithorst, September 21, 2018, 01:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

If I put my huge common snot in the 190 gallon container outside will he hurt the little bristlenose snots in there?

The tank and it's stand will have to be tilted on their sides to get them into the office.  The anubius is on driftwood so it won't be a problem.  But what do I do about the huge Amazon Sword that's in there?  They don't like to be moved.  Do I cut it back to nubs for the move and hope that it puts out new growth? 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 21, 2018, 01:56:01 PM
If I put my huge common snot in the 190 gallon container outside will he hurt the little bristlenose snots in there?

The tank and it's stand will have to be tilted on their sides to get them into the office.  The anubius is on driftwood so it won't be a problem.  But what do I do about the huge Amazon Sword that's in there?  They don't like to be moved.  Do I cut it back to nubs for the move and hope that it puts out new growth?

..I wouldn't trust a big common pleco in with fry......as far as the sword....it has a good root system at bigger sized....it the tip and move isn't accompanied by a big jostle, it should move fine...just tidy it up right after the tank is put in it's upright position....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That plant was purchased at my LFS 10 years ago.  I'm sure it's root system covers the entire tank bottom.  I'll stick the big snot in a 120 with a bunch of Angels for now.  Thanks for the advice.
Always move forward. Never look back.