• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Blue glitters deux

Started by Mugwump, September 18, 2018, 10:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..finally got a decent vid.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

Are you keeping any to grow out?
Any plans to try increasing the glitter?
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 13, 2018, 05:35:08 AM
Are you keeping any to grow out?
Any plans to try increasing the glitter?

..yes.....and we'll see what happens.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

You should be able to increase it with selective breeding.

The downside is that glitter takes awhile to develop,so unless you are keeping a ton of grow outs it's likely you will be getting rid of some of your best stock.

But you can't keep them all. ;D

Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on October 13, 2018, 08:12:45 AM
You should be able to increase it with selective breeding.

The downside is that glitter takes awhile to develop,so unless you are keeping a ton of grow outs it's likely you will be getting rid of some of your best stock.

But you can't keep them all. ;D

...no you can't keep them all.....LOL....it's not a project, but will be something I'll be selecting for in future pairs...
Jon

ghonk

Did Frank mention anything about any recessive genes they might carry?

No surprises in the spawns? 
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on November 07, 2018, 10:50:29 AM
Did Frank mention anything about any recessive genes they might carry?

No surprises in the spawns?

..there may be an albino in there....haven't seen any yet...but wasn't looking either.....now I'm watching ... :)
Jon

ghonk

Paul Simon

ghonk

Saw a video of Johnny Fort's blue glitters that he got from you on FB.
Not good close ups, but 1 looks like it has a LOT of glitter.

The one with the dark  spot  behind the eye.

https://www.facebook.com/johnny.fort.1/videos/10217742419615754/?comment_id=1009797132547676&reply_comment_id=1010394829154573
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Jon

ghonk

Paul Simon

Mugwump

Jon

ghonk

I can see it on my facebook page,but he doesn't have share turned on,so that must be it.

Paul Simon

ghonk

Best I could do with a screenshot.

Paul Simon

Mugwump

..thanks....he liked them a lot when he was here.... |^|
Jon