• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 09:11:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 276
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

Newest additions

Started by Mugwump, September 18, 2018, 09:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghonk

Quote from: Mugwump on October 06, 2018, 10:05:58 AM
Quote from: waterboy on October 06, 2018, 09:53:29 AM
Yes A BSP is a Bulgarian Green with a dark gene just as a Pinoy is a Philippine Blue with a dark gene. I guess I will have to agree with Greg, the BSP do not necessarily need the blue gene. Although now I am beginning to wonder what the other types of BSP look like (D/Gm - D/M).

...then it would need to be another genotype/phenotype......you can't plop all the bsp varieties under one name

I guess you could  do it with D/+,D/D and D/g,like in Pinoy's.

I can't remember if double dose BG washes out the marbling in fish with a dark gene,like in a D/Gm or D/M.

Raiko posted pics of marble fish from his crosses,but they might have been het BG from a F1 cross to a non BG.

IF double dose BG washes the marbling you would need to do a cross to confirm their genetics,since you wouldn't likely to be able to tell by viewing them. 
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

waterboy

Yes A BSP is a Bulgarian Green with a dark gene just as a Pinoy is a Philippine Blue with a dark gene. I guess I will have to agree with Greg, the BSP do not necessarily need the blue gene. Although now I am beginning to wonder what the other types of BSP look like (D/Gm - D/M).

...then it would need to be another genotype/phenotype......you can't plop all the bsp varieties under one name

All the Pinoy varieties are plopped under one name.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 06, 2018, 12:34:41 PM

All the Pinoy varieties are plopped under one name.

....but defined as Pinoy marble, Pinoy smokey, etc.....same as I said above....Pinoy yes, but differentiating phenotypes......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Could be the same for BSP, BSP Smokey, BSP Marble.  Right now both D/+ and D/g are named BSP. I guess I have Blue BSP Laces (D/+) and Blue BSP hybrids (D/g), not that anyone really cares. Not real sure yet if I can tell the difference although the D/g should be darker. I do have one dark one that I think is a Blue Double Dark BSP (D/D,pb/pb,bg/bg)
Dale

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 06, 2018, 04:28:16 PM
Could be the same for BSP, BSP Smokey, BSP Marble.  Right now both D/+ and D/g are named BSP. I guess I have Blue BSP Laces (D/+) and Blue BSP hybrids (D/g), not that anyone really cares. Not real sure yet if I can tell the difference although the D/g should be darker. I do have one dark one that I think is a Blue Double Dark BSP (D/D,pb/pb,bg/bg)

,,,makes sense....good names...

..from what I'n seeing, I like the D/g seal points....yours are nice Dale.....that 'plat' looking one must be +/g pb/pb bg/bg....?....it's a rough sucker too...LOL....doesn't like the dark/Pinoy type siblings at all.....LOL....they all sure love blood worms tho.....like Piranha on a dead cow....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on October 06, 2018, 05:05:52 PM
Quote from: waterboy on October 06, 2018, 04:28:16 PM

,,,makes sense....good names...

..from what I'n seeing, I like the D/g seal points....yours are nice Dale.....that 'plat' looking one must be +/g pb/pb bg/bg....?....it's a rough sucker too...LOL....doesn't like the dark/Pinoy type siblings at all.....LOL....they all sure love blood worms tho.....like Piranha on a dead cow....LOL

It could be or it could be a het +/g,pb/pb,+/bg. I haven't figured out how to tell the difference yet. Just have to breed it to find out I guess.
Dale

Mugwump

Jon

waterboy

They all have +/pb or pb/pb.
Dale

Mugwump

Jon