• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 09:40:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128
Total: 128

Monday, Monday...

Started by Mugwump, September 17, 2018, 07:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....a few errands then some fish room putz'n.......errands early because it'll be heating up to a very hot/muggy day here.....

...so what's going on with you folks?.....despite the heat today, fall is beginning to show around here with some leaves turning already.....won't be long now...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Today is clean up day in the fish room. Bag day, swap day, cleanup day.  An enjoyable three day weekend.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

...putzing here...I think I'll go ahead and finish the clearcoating on the doors...Lucy's supposed to do it, but she's grousing about all the stuff she needs to get done before we go to Tacoma to visit the kids...I think it's a passive way of getting me to do it...!!!!!  What do you think?

...the rest of the day I think I'll just putz...did WC and trimming yesterday...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Got the generator running.  Mopped the floor.  Decided to take my SIL's advice and do my grooming in the dining room.  I don't eat there, anyway.  I moved my table to a side wall.  There's lots of space for all my stuff.  It's a nice room...two walls are nothing but windows.  If people want to wait for their dog they can sit in the living room and watch as I groom.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 17, 2018, 01:41:01 PM
Got the generator running.  Mopped the floor.  Decided to take my SIL's advice and do my grooming in the dining room.  I don't eat there, anyway.  I moved my table to a side wall.  There's lots of space for all my stuff.  It's a nice room...two walls are nothing but windows.  If people want to wait for their dog they can sit in the living room and watch as I groom.

.... |^|..that'll work !...great idea  :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

And you're not going to congratulate me on getting the generator to work?

Mugwump

...lol...I saw you slip that in there.  I figured that you would give details on your travails in another thread
..of course, congrats...good job |^|
Jon

waterboy

Sounds like a plan to me.  Knew you could get the gen running. It was just a stuck choke right?
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on September 17, 2018, 02:57:13 PM

Sounds like a plan to me.  Knew you could get the gen running. It was just a stuck choke right?

....a can of WD can do wonders sometimes.. :D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Shoot, I had no clue what was wrong and I still don't.  I know that there was no harm in buying a big bottle of propane as it is the preferred fuel, anyway.  I bought the heavy SOB anyway and hooked it up.  The battery had gone dead so I had to pull that cord a bunch of times before it started and ran, and ran and ran.  I put a load on it.  I even plugged in the dehumidifier that I think sucks a lot of juice, and it ran, and ran and ran and never skipped a beat.  I think that the problem may have been that the generator was not sitting level. 

Barb

Glad you got it going Liz!  Ours saved us for 36 hrs. the other day.  The dang hurricane is gone from here finally, but cleanup continues.  Our beautiful downtown is trashed now, flooded badly.  But it will be restored eventually.  We are fine.

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on September 17, 2018, 03:52:14 PM
Glad you got it going Liz!  Ours saved us for 36 hrs. the other day.  The dang hurricane is gone from here finally, but cleanup continues.  Our beautiful downtown is trashed now, flooded badly.  But it will be restored eventually.  We are fine.

...good to hear, Barb.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 17, 2018, 04:18:55 PM

|^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 17, 2018, 04:44:09 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 17, 2018, 04:18:55 PM

|^| |^| |^|

Happy to hear you are okay Barb.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.