• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 65
Total: 65

Monday

Started by Mugwump, September 17, 2018, 05:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..just grabbed the first cup.......good......zzz...good...zzzz......better......zzz......MMmmm...very good....

...90's today...and humid....very humid...blah...

..more coffee....brb
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

The coffee is great. Getting ready to leave to go home. A 90 minute drive but could be a little longer with rush hour and the beginning of rain.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

....mostly awake now.... huh....somehow got the fish fed and a load of wash started.....working on a bowl of Wheaties now..... :)....things are looking up....

..more coffee..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 17, 2018, 06:12:54 AM
The coffee is great. Getting ready to leave to go home. A 90 minute drive but could be a little longer with rush hour and the beginning of rain.

I'm home, fed the fish and watered the plants and now for another cup of coffee. That will be only my second cup.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...'morning guys...

...supposed to get 103 or so here today...

...since I sold my Congos there's something missing in the tank...gotta figure out what to get...I have 25+ Cardinal Tetras and 10 Porkchop Rasboras...the rasboras don't really show up...maybe about 30 more Cardinals...???

...going to the town council meeting tonight...we've had an on-going battle with the building and inspection dept with set-backs in our park since last summer,,,they won't issue permits and are breaking the ordinances from years back that gave us our special zoning exceptions...then last year they got in this new wacko engineer as head of that department and he's nullifying all that stuff...well, we aren't having any of that crap...so once we got the town council aware of what's happening and the rude treatment our owners have had from the department, council members started paying attention to us....especially since we helped in a big way with our votes to get 2 new candidates elected to the board to take office in Dec and one incumbent knocked off of it...we're getting a lot of attention now and the mayor is telling us that things should go our way tonight....and they want to have a "work session" with the council and our board here later this month....I think they are trying to make amends and be able to say, "Look what we did for you!", prior to the new council members being installed...Then when the next vote comes in 2 years they think the incumbents will get our votes...hmmmm...we'll see... ;)

...so when a bunch of organized grey haired old farts set their minds to it you can fight city hall...and we're looking for the win...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 17, 2018, 12:46:14 PM
...'morning guys...

...supposed to get 103 or so here today...

...since I sold my Congos there's something missing in the tank...gotta figure out what to get...I have 25+ Cardinal Tetras and 10 Porkchop Rasboras...the rasboras don't really show up...maybe about 30 more Cardinals...???

...going to the town council meeting tonight...we've had an on-going battle with the building and inspection dept with set-backs in our park since last summer,,,they won't issue permits and are breaking the ordinances from years back that gave us our special zoning exceptions...then last year they got in this new wacko engineer as head of that department and he's nullifying all that stuff...well, we aren't having any of that crap...so once we got the town council aware of what's happening and the rude treatment our owners have had from the department, council members started paying attention to us....especially since we helped in a big way with our votes to get 2 new candidates elected to the board to take office in Dec and one incumbent knocked off of it...we're getting a lot of attention now and the mayor is telling us that things should go our way tonight....and they want to have a "work session" with the council and our board here later this month....I think they are trying to make amends and be able to say, "Look what we did for you!", prior to the new council members being installed...Then when the next vote comes in 2 years they think the incumbents will get our votes...hmmmm...we'll see... ;)

...so when a bunch of organized grey haired old farts set their minds to it you can fight city hall...and we're looking for the win...!

.....good luck...more folks should fight back....

..They just changed our garbage collector after 30++ years with Waste Management....over less than $1.05......which WM offered to eat.....yup, got some new town council members looking to look like they're saving everybody.....crap now the bid process $$$'s alone will take 10 years, or more, to make up.....oh yeah...real progress, huh?

Jon