• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 05:53:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 126
Total: 127

..just Saturday....

Started by Mugwump, September 15, 2018, 09:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...already getting warm out......lots of putz'n here.... |^|

...so what's going on in your neighborhood folks.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....well we have a bunch loaded...and everything else is ready to load after we bag some fish in the morn'n....can't wait til tomorrow  :) |^| :)..

..it'll be good to see old familiar faces again... |^|

Jon

LizStreithorst

I decided today to close my shop in Ellisville and groom from the house.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 15, 2018, 04:14:29 PM

....and just take appointments?.......cool beans.....control over sore times.... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 15, 2018, 05:08:21 PM

....and just take appointments?.......cool beans.....control over sore times.... |^|
...big step, for sure...but I bet it will work out for the best for you overall...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

presentation of...my day went pretty good...I went ahead and painted the doors and drawer fronts while Lucy sewed some gifts for some friends that mean a lot to us...I'm happy she's taking this up because if she's not doing something, she gets bored and then testy, if you know what I mean! wfwf wfwf

...the air is so dry here that I could get 2 coats on both sides of the doors in a couple hours...then I stopped...I'll hang them tomorrow then clean the bathroom out...

...I've begun the second book by Napier on Attila, "The Gathering of the Storm"...this author's presentation of the times and Hun culture is very interesting...It's in a time when Rome had become a ''Christian country''...yet it makes one think about how the religious ones imprison the minds of the followers, pitting that against the "barbarism'' of being strong for the family and tribe and taking care of one's own... eh, what do I know!!! huh huh 8) 8)

..I'm pretty sure tonight is going to be an eat out night and a drudgery trip to Wally World.... :'( :'(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 15, 2018, 06:10:24 PM

...big step, for sure...but I bet it will work out for the best for you overall...

...yup.....congratulations  :)
Jon

waterboy

Fish all bagged for the swap except for a few I am trading off. They will get bagged first thing in the morning. It has been a long day. Not only that but I had 3 pairs spawn while I was bagging. Tomorrow morning load the car and go. Can't wait for the first swap of the year.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

Quote from: waterboy on September 15, 2018, 08:59:26 PM
Fish all bagged for the swap except for a few I am trading off. They will get bagged first thing in the morning. It has been a long day. Not only that but I had 3 pairs spawn while I was bagging. Tomorrow morning load the car and go. Can't wait for the first swap of the year.
..go get 'em, tiger!...Hope you have a lot of fun...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

Swaps are always a lot of fun. As much a social gathering as anything. And I have never lost money yet.  Always pay for the table and anything I buy.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

I already only take appointments, but I'm down to doing 3 dogs a week so most of what I make will go to paying bills.  At first I will only get my customers who already know that they can't live without me.  There are a handful of them.  I'm hoping to pick up more after they get their dogs groomed somewhere else and see the profound difference.  I absolutely hate giving up the shop but I have to. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 16, 2018, 11:26:52 AM

I already only take appointments, but I'm down to doing 3 dogs a week so most of what I make will go to paying bills.  At first I will only get my customers who already know that they can't live without me.  There are a handful of them.  I'm hoping to pick up more after they get their dogs groomed somewhere else and see the profound difference.  I absolutely hate giving up the shop but I have to.

..and I know it was a tough decision too.....but you've made the right choice..... |^|
Jon