• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:54:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

Friday morn'n

Started by Mugwump, September 14, 2018, 05:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...the coffee is very good this morning... :)..well once I turned the pot on.... huh....went through the motions but missed the switch.... huh.....

..upper 50's now and we'll be in the mid/upper 80's for the high...no rain in sight....

..swap prep today.......and whatever.... huh...

more coffee...brb...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning. The coffee is very good here. A gloomy and breezy morning here. We will have rain off and on through much of the day with temps topping out in the mid 70s. There is a little touch of Florence in the air.

Was going to go to DC this weekend but today is canceled and I don't know yet about tomorrow. So I think I'll putz in the basement. Need to clean out some HOB filters and hook up my big Diatom filter to a tank or two.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 14, 2018, 06:00:27 AM
Good morning. The coffee is very good here. A gloomy and breezy morning here. We will have rain off and on through much of the day with temps topping out in the mid 70s. There is a little touch of Florence in the air.

Was going to go to DC this weekend but today is canceled and I don't know yet about tomorrow. So I think I'll putz in the basement. Need to clean out some HOB filters and hook up my big Diatom filter to a tank or two.

....pot #2 coming up.......morn'n chores done...Wheaties consumed....might get dressed after another cup....or two huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Gloomy here, too. Thunderstorms likely later today.  My back almost doesn't hurt.

I'm going to work today after being off since Wed.  I only have one paying customer, a show trim on a Bichon.  My chronic skin fungus needs her medicated bath.  If I still feel good I'll do a bath and face feet and tail on ChaCha.  I'm curious to see how my back feels after grooming.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...hello all...looks like it'll be around 104 and dry today...

...will be putzing over in the unit later today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 14, 2018, 09:18:49 AM

..hi Ron....how much more work over there until you finish up the place?......
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 14, 2018, 09:34:29 AM

..paint 3 doors and rehang them...install 2 more curtain rods...paint and reinstall the stove vent fan....clean up the bathroom floor etc...clean the kitchen sink...it's metal and we've used it for everything except a toilet!...Lucy has taken up sewing and has curtains to hem...and she helps with all this too...

...I ended up priming the doors yesterday...

...this seems like it's taking forever and it is because i'm only working a few hours a day over there because 1) I hurt and 2) We don't have a tenant til end of December...Howevr if we do finish it this month I might advertise it for weekly rentals til then...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 14, 2018, 10:03:03 AM

..paint 3 doors and rehang them...install 2 more curtain rods...paint and reinstall the stove vent fan....clean up the bathroom floor etc...clean the kitchen sink...it's metal and we've used it for everything except a toilet!...Lucy has taken up sewing and has curtains to hem...and she helps with all this too...

...this seems like it's taking forever and it is because i'm only working a few hours a day over there because 1) I hurt and 2) We don't have a tenant til end of December...Howevr if we do finish it this month I might advertise it for weekly rentals til then...

....cool.....patience and moderation..... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 14, 2018, 10:08:26 AM

...well, that's just the way it has to be now...It's taken me a while and a lot of follow-up pain to realize it, but that's just the way my life is right now...It's all good once I accept the facts of it all!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 14, 2018, 10:14:05 AM

...well, that's just the way it has to be now...It's taken me a while and a lot of follow-up pain to realize it, but that's just the way my life is right now...It's all good once I accept the facts of it all!... |^|

.....every stage of life has it's boundaries.....you're too short, not strong enough, too young, not fast enough, don't know enough, etc. then you get older and you're not young enough, not strong enough, too slow, yada yada......we just go with the flow and keep going... |^| ......it separates the men from the boys......snap, crackle, pop...putt putt..vroom and git 'er done.... :) LOL..sounds like you're doing well....march on !
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 14, 2018, 10:24:26 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 14, 2018, 10:14:05 AM

.....every stage of life has it's boundaries.....you're too short, not strong enough, too young, not fast enough, don't know enough, etc. then you get older and you're not young enough, not strong enough, too slow, yada yada......we just go with the flow and keep going... |^| ......it separates the men from the boys......snap, crackle, pop...putt putt..vroom and git 'er done.... :) LOL..sounds like you're doing well....march on !
..got the rods up and the chandelier in the bedroom...got the brackets for the stove vent installed....cut and nailed in 5 more pieces of trim I forgot about...doing the doors tomorrow or sunday...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron