• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 03:27:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 199
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

Thursday stuff...

Started by Mugwump, September 13, 2018, 07:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....heavy dew last night....really wet out there ....it'll need to dry some before I can mow......maybe I'll run up and check if any good books have arrived at the 'GoodWill' store.....haven't checked there in a while..... huh

..so what's going on with you folks ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Dental appointment and car servicing. The dental appointment is for a tooth I broke yesterday.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Fed fish and fixed the dish washer so far.  I had a worthless day yesterday.  Going to try to have a productive day today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Water changes done for the week yesterday. Today I have a few filters to clean and then just hang out.  Tomorrow is fast day and Saturday I will be bagging fish for the swap on Sunday.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

.....sky is clear and the sun is out...nice breezes....it's a nice day.... 8)

...still just putz'n...but did take the trash to the curb for pickup tomorrow.. :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's a lovely day here, too.  I may put the hammock up and sleep outside tonight.

My body really surprised me today.  Tuesday I went to my family doctor and he refused to prescribe enough Oxycodone to get me through until I saw the pain doctor.  I got terribly depressed because I thought that it was the only thing that made me able to move.  I was so depressed  that I drove to the shop and cancelled all my appointments for the week except for my weekly Bichon.  I spent Wed. toddling around the house, all bent, like  a 90 year old woman  I didn't do much of anything.  I spent half the day on the heating pad. 

Today I woke up wanting to accomplish something at home since I wasn't working.  I did a lot of stuff for me and enjoyed it all.  When I went to the Dollar Store for cleaning stuff I fould myself 'power shopping'.  I walked fast like I used to before the damn pain got so bad.  I found myself reaching high for some things.  I thought that the days of reaching up high were over but I was wrong.  I stood straight like I used to do normally..  Just now I was able to stretch my neck and shoulders give.  It felt great.

What do y'all think of this?  I'm just on Tramadol and Neurontin now.  No narcotic.  I've had a feeling for a long time that it was the grooming that was making me hurt so bad.  I don't know if it was quitting. grooming that made me hot hurt so bad or if it was all the rest I gave my body?  It's a combination of both, I think.  Or it could be that I am having an extraordinarily good day.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 13, 2018, 02:05:49 PM
It's a lovely day here, too.  I may put the hammock up and sleep outside tonight.

My body really surprised me today.  Tuesday I went to my family doctor and he refused to prescribe enough Oxycodone to get me through until I saw the pain doctor.  I got terribly depressed because I thought that it was the only thing that made me able to move.  I was so depressed  that I drove to the shop and cancelled all my appointments for the week except for my weekly Bichon.  I spent Wed. toddling around the house, all bent, like  a 90 year old woman  I didn't do much of anything.  I spent half the day on the heating pad. 

Today I woke up wanting to accomplish something at home since I wasn't working.  I did a lot of stuff for me and enjoyed it all.  When I went to the Dollar Store for cleaning stuff I fould myself 'power shopping'.  I walked fast like I used to before the damn pain got so bad.  I found myself reaching high for some things.  I thought that the days of reaching up high were over but I was wrong.  I stood straight like I used to do normally..  Just now I was able to stretch my neck and shoulders give.  It felt great.

What do y'all think of this?  I'm just on Tramadol and Neurontin now.  No narcotic.  I've had a feeling for a long time that it was the grooming that was making me hurt so bad.  I don't know if it was quitting. grooming that made me hot hurt so bad or if it was all the rest I gave my body?  It's a combination of both, I think.  Or it could be that I am having an extraordinarily good day.

..it makes me happy that you are feeling better today.......I see many more happy days for your future too....attitude is everything.... |^|....

..that hammock sounds like a wonderful idea.....go fer it... :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Attitude is noteverything.  "Attitude is everything" is a platitude.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 13, 2018, 04:43:41 PM
Attitude is noteverything.  "Attitude is everything" is a platitude.

Allow Me Some Latitude for a Platitude
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

Jon