• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:11:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

Florence a doozy...

Started by Mugwump, September 10, 2018, 05:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 14, 2018, 01:16:50 PM
No on the generator.

Barb called this morning.  She has no power and no phone other than her cell, but she and Bill are fine.  Her city, New Bern has made national news due to the flooding.  Barb is a careful planner.  She takes everything into consideration before she makes a decision.  When she bought her new house she made sure that she purchased one where flooding was impossible.  The house is built to withstand 130 mph sustained winds.  She knew that she wouldn't have to evacuate so she didn't.  When she told me that I knew that she would be fine.  Still she was stressed to the max all night long.

...thanks for the update Liz.....she's in that area that will see a lot of rain too......now I know that she and Bill are going to be ok... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on September 14, 2018, 03:03:19 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 14, 2018, 01:16:50 PM
No on the generator.

Barb called this morning.  She has no power and no phone other than her cell, but she and Bill are fine.  Her city, New Bern has made national news due to the flooding.  Barb is a careful planner.  She takes everything into consideration before she makes a decision.  When she bought her new house she made sure that she purchased one where flooding was impossible.  The house is built to withstand 130 mph sustained winds.  She knew that she wouldn't have to evacuate so she didn't.  When she told me that I knew that she would be fine.  Still she was stressed to the max all night long.

...thanks for the update Liz.....she's in that area that will see a lot of rain too......now I know that she and Bill are going to be ok... |^|
...thanks LIz...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Well we made it through OK, but it was awful nd very nervewracking.  I think I have some storm PTSD.  It will pass, but we are out of the worst of it for now, until all the zillions of tons of water pour through our two big rivers later in the week.  If you want to see pics look for New Bern NC on FB or other social  media.  We have no house damage, yard is a mess though.  Flood waters got very close to our front an

Mugwump

..hi Barb, glad that you escaped the worst of it all....we were worried about you. ..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Keep worrying.  It's the water with this slow moving hurricane, not  the wind.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Glad to hear you are doing OK Barb.  Hang in there.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.