• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 11:36:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 164
Total: 164

Florence a doozy...

Started by Mugwump, September 10, 2018, 05:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I have a feeling that it's going to be a bad year, and I still haven't done a damn thing about the generator.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 10, 2018, 12:00:14 PM
I have a feeling that it's going to be a bad year, and I still haven't done a damn thing about the generator.

....*ahem*.....need a 'wag your finger* emoticon    huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I know.  I'm the worst.  Tell me this if you can...When the generator works perfectly for a minute of so then conks out does it mean that the carburetor needs cleaning and rebuilding or is it something else?  From what I have read, the LP gas uses the carburetor, too so if it needs fixing I need to fix it so it runs on gasoline as well as LP.

I just talked to Barb.  She's worried but her hatches have been battened down as well as she can batten them.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 10, 2018, 03:13:48 PM
I know.  I'm the worst.  Tell me this if you can...When the generator works perfectly for a minute of so then conks out does it mean that the carburetor needs cleaning and rebuilding or is it something else?  From what I have read, the LP gas uses the carburetor, too so if it needs fixing I need to fix it so it runs on gasoline as well as LP.

I just talked to Barb.  She's worried but her hatches have been battened down as well as she can batten them.

....'old gas' can do that sometimes too.....there's a fuel filter on there that you can reach....change it, if you can...check the little air filter too....see if the choke is on when starting it too.. |^|...should be...

Hopefully Barb is far enough back to be missing most the heavier winds?....but lots of rain...is just lotsa rain..... huh
Jon

Barb

We are told to prepare for catastrophic wind and rain.  We are 35 mi. inland.  Hope we make it through.  I have us as ready as possible, generator and gas at the ready.  Bill can't do a thing to help but we have neighbors who can.  I will let you know how it goes.  Prayers and good thoughts needed.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on September 10, 2018, 04:31:55 PM
We are told to prepare for catastrophic wind and rain.  We are 35 mi. inland.  Hope we make it through.  I have us as ready as possible, generator and gas at the ready.  Bill can't do a thing to help but we have neighbors who can.  I will let you know how it goes.  Prayers and good thoughts needed.
Barb

......got ya covered, Barb......just put on some great tunes(loud)....and rock it out... |^|.....with nature, it's all you can do... huh...you'll be ok... :)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Well Mug, Barb is not the type to have a good time while riding it out.  That's me.  Barb is a different type.  Surely all she will suffer will be some blown off shingles...

Thanks for the advice on the generator.  I have never changed the fuel filter or air filter.  I haven't used it except to keep it running and put a light load on it, as I learned on my local public radio station, but I will change the filters now.  I will also drive a little farther and buy non ethanol gas.  I think that the ethanol gas that I've been using is what has messed things up.  I shall also change the oil.  This project will be for next weekend. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 10, 2018, 04:56:31 PM
Well Mug, Barb is not the type to have a good time while riding it out.  That's me.  Barb is a different type.  Surely all she will suffer will be some blown off shingles...

Thanks for the advice on the generator.  I have never changed the fuel filter or air filter.  I haven't used it except to keep it running and put a light load on it, as I learned on my local public radio station, but I will change the filters now.  I will also drive a little farther and buy non ethanol gas.  I think that the ethanol gas that I've been using is what has messed things up.  I shall also change the oil.  This project will be for next weekend.

..good plan....with the generator sitting outside by you...the air filters can get moist/soft/worthless....the bad gas can fry the fuel filter....changing gas source like you are, helps bunches,,, |^|

Jon

LizStreithorst

I was never a big Doors fan that that was my favorite.

I love a bit storm.  Just let it try to blow me away!  (I still want to be sure that if I make it out alive, I want be sure that the fish have air).  Barb is getting this one, but I'll betcha a nickle that there will be one that comes my way this season.

BallAquatics

Get that generator fixed Liz!
Dennis

LizStreithorst

Blah, blah.blah...Everyone wants me to do the logical thing.  Y'all still haven't figured out how I work after all this time.  I'll think about doing it and feel guilty about not doing it.  Regardless of what "it" is I never gotten it done until it became necessary.  It has worked for me so far...

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

No on the generator.

Barb called this morning.  She has no power and no phone other than her cell, but she and Bill are fine.  Her city, New Bern has made national news due to the flooding.  Barb is a careful planner.  She takes everything into consideration before she makes a decision.  When she bought her new house she made sure that she purchased one where flooding was impossible.  The house is built to withstand 130 mph sustained winds.  She knew that she wouldn't have to evacuate so she didn't.  When she told me that I knew that she would be fine.  Still she was stressed to the max all night long.