• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 06:04:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

wet Thursday...

Started by Mugwump, September 06, 2018, 09:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...cool/rainy/windy/bleak/dismal......a good inside putz'n day..... huh.....good movie?..pop corn?.....perhaps... :)

...so what's everyone up too?

Liz...did you get those rain water buckets filled?.. :D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

They promised big huge rains all day today but the sun was out until about 45 minutes ago.  Then a big boomer came through and dumped a bunch of rain in about 20 minutes.  The power went out.  When it was still out 1/2 hr. later I pulled out the owners manual to read how to hook it up to an LP gas bottle.  As I was reading and looking at the generator the power came back on.

I'll buy a bottle of LP gas tomorrow.  I've never used it before and I need to learn how to do it.  I'm sure it's easy peasy but when you've never done it, you just don't know how.  I'll get the generator working again over the weekend.  I'll also pull the carburetor and rebuild it, and from not on I'll drive a little ways down the road to buy non ethanol gas.  Shame on me for not using it all along.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 06, 2018, 02:19:08 PM
They promised big huge rains all day today but the sun was out until about 45 minutes ago.  Then a big boomer came through and dumped a bunch of rain in about 20 minutes.  The power went out.  When it was still out 1/2 hr. later I pulled out the owners manual to read how to hook it up to an LP gas bottle.  As I was reading and looking at the generator the power came back on.

I'll buy a bottle of LP gas tomorrow.  I've never used it before and I need to learn how to do it.  I'm sure it's easy peasy but when you've never done it, you just don't know how.  I'll get the generator working again over the weekend.  I'll also pull the carburetor and rebuild it, and from not on I'll drive a little ways down the road to buy non ethanol gas.  Shame on me for not using it all along.

..so LP gas or regular gas?...which will you stay with....?....should run longer on the LP without refilling?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

From the wonder video I found on YouTube I'd prefer to run it on LP, but it's good to have the choice to use either.  The guy on YouTube did what I always wanted to do but was never smart enough.  I wanted to hook up the LP that runs my stove.  The stove and the generator are not far apart, but it would take a real plumber to cut the gas line, connect a hose to it, cut through the kitchen wall and make it look pretty, and run the hose to the generator.  Even the hose would be expensive...The plumber, exceedingly expensive.

This is the video.  The guy is very good.  What I wish I had and will do with out is just over 14 minutes in.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO839Sayci0

Mugwump

..great vid....looks like a winner  |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mine is already duel fuel so I don't have to do that conversion stuff.  It will be too costly to hook up to my house LP gas tanks.  I'll settle for the bottles.

LizStreithorst

My other project was to find a new motor for the clipper vacuum I use at work.  It's a whole house vacuum that has been modified to be used as a clipper vac.  Hanvey Engineering made the unit no longer sells them.  (He has moved on to grooming vans.)  I have called him twice and left a message but he doesn't return my calls because he can make no money on me.

I took the motor to a place in Pednorff, past where my Mexican Tienda is.  There is no identification on the dang motor, and there is no way to open it up, either.  Small town business are the best.  They asked for everything I know and are going to investigate further on my behalf.  Perhaps they can get Hanvey on the phone.  I can work without my clipper vac but I sure do miss it.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 06, 2018, 04:25:59 PM
My other project was to find a new motor for the clipper vacuum I use at work.  It's a whole house vacuum that has been modified to be used as a clipper vac.  Hanvey Engineering made the unit no longer sells them.  (He has moved on to grooming vans.)  I have called him twice and left a message but he doesn't return my calls because he can make no money on me.

I took the motor to a place in Pednorff, past where my Mexican Tienda is.  There is no identification on the dang motor, and there is no way to open it up, either.  Small town business are the best.  They asked for everything I know and are going to investigate further on my behalf.  Perhaps they can get Hanvey on the phone.  I can work without my clipper vac but I sure do miss it.

https://www.petedge.com/content/marketing/Product%20PDFs/Assorted/ZX1105_INS.pdf

upgrade?
http://hanveyengineering.com/hairvac/

used hair vacs
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&sa=X&lei=t5yRW4WHPNHktQXBpp7gAw&q=used%20clipper%20vac%20for%20sale&ved=0ahUKEwi8ocLtqafdAhUNY6wKHVM2BO4QsKwBCAIoAA&biw=1920&bih=925

vac chat?
http://www.petgroomerforums.com/chat/showthread.php?33477-clipper-vac

Facebook.....they say their PM's are answered in a couple hours....(use base plate serial#?)
https://www.facebook.com/hanveyengineeringanddesign/

Jon

LizStreithorst

Mine is an Art Master Elite.  A different, and higher quality unit than either the Taxi Vac or the Hair vac.  If they answer on facebook they should certainly return my phone calls but they haven't.  They can't make any money off me so I'm not worth their effort.  They're all into mobile grooming vans these days.