• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 10:40:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 99
Total: 99

OMG, I have a new dog!

Started by LizStreithorst, September 03, 2018, 02:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I put off visiting my old lady until today.  My excuse was the truth.  I was having a bad pain day.

I couldn't get out of visiting today so I went even though I didn't want to.   She had decided to give me her 9 year old black dog that I fell in love with back when I first saw her almost 2 years ago.  I could tell by her eyes that she was a kind dog.  The poor thing was confined to a pen with access to a large back yard, but no human companionship other than dumping her food in.

I'm sure she was surprised to me meet all my other dogs when I brought her home and opened up the door.  It must have been overwhelming but she took it in stride.  When I brought her in she sniffed and checked out everything then lay down beside me in the office.  I let her out, off lead, with the other dogs and she checked out the chicken house (ignored the chickens) the old barn and everything that wasn't far from the house.  She's not good yet at coming when she's called, but she'll learn.

All she needs is a bit of love and attention.  I can do that.  She's so filthy that my hand feels dirty when I pet her.  I'll fix that tomorrow when I take her to work.

She's just a plain black mix breed dog with 4 white paws.  May be some GSD and some Pitt Bull in the mix.  To me she is perfect.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..Kudos, Liz.....bless your heart......you've found another winner.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

...You're a really good soul, Liz... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

You'll love this, Jon.  I can tell my those straight facing upright ears that there's some GSD in there somewhere.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 03, 2018, 03:46:41 PM
You'll love this, Jon.  I can tell my those straight facing upright ears that there's some GSD in there somewhere.

....you'll know when she starts anticipating your every move..... :)...it's magic  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Congrats Liz. You are a kind soul and your love of animals tell me all I need to know about you. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

That's just great Liz!  You are what she needs and she is what you need. Win, win.  I want to see a pic of her after you make her shine.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Will do, Barb.

The more I look at her the more I see GSD.  She's way smaller and the wrong color but it's something about her stance and her tail set.  I'm sure that nobody could see it but me.  We'll see what y'all think when I post a pic.  I'll try to bet a front on head shot and a profile.

I discovered that she prefers to sleep outside.  I guess it's what she's used to it.  I was afraid to let her out the first night, but when she woke me up by trying to dig a hole in a corner of the office I gave up and opened the door.  I left it open so she could change her mind and come in if she wanted.  She stayed out until this morning when I got up.  She's sleeping beside me as I type.

LizStreithorst

I had to take her back this morning.  Chicken attack last night.  No deaths but one very close call.  The only way I could get her to turn it loose was by running into the chicken house and tackling her.  Me!  With my back!  I ran in and tackled her.  The one that she had in her mouth ran off and spent the night somewhere else.  It wasn't until this morning after I let the others out of their house that I discovered that it was apparently uninjured.  She'd have killed every last one of them if I hadn't stopped it.  I had to drag her by her front legs, on her back, to the house.

Vasha had the perfect life here but there is nothing you can do to change instinct.  Today I'm depressed.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 05, 2018, 03:43:58 PM
I had to take her back this morning.  Chicken attack last night.  No deaths but one very close call.  The only way I could get her to turn it loose was by running into the chicken house and tackling her.  Me!  With my back!  I ran in and tackled her.  The one that she had in her mouth ran off and spent the night somewhere else.  It wasn't until this morning after I let the others out of their house that I discovered that it was apparently uninjured.  She'd have killed every last one of them if I hadn't stopped it.  I had to drag her by her front legs, on her back, to the house.

Vasha had the perfect life here but there is nothing you can do to change instinct.  Today I'm depressed.

...that's a shame...but you did the right thing.....if you can't live in harmony, you shall not live here...period.... pack mentality not allowed,,,, |^|   
Jon

LizStreithorst

She stayed in the house last night.  My house hen was inside and my cat was inside.  She paid no attention to them at all.  When I walked her on lead this morning we passed the chickens and she was perfectly normal.  I don't know what set her off.  But if it happened once, it would happen again.