• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

Sad news....

Started by Mugwump, August 28, 2018, 11:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Bandit died this morning at about 10:25am.....he had a few seizures and then passed on laying on his favorite couch cushion. He was almost 18yrs old. We miss him already.  :'(
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 28, 2018, 11:13:34 AM
..Bandit died this morning at about 10:25am.....he had a few seizures and then passed on laying on his favorite couch cushion. He was almost 18yrs old. We miss him already.  :'(
,,,well shucks, Mugs...Sure you will miss that little character...sorry, pal... :-[
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Thanks Ron.....he was a very loving and good cat.....seems like he has been here forever.....but it was his time. His ghost will be here from now on.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

What a shock to hear this.  I didn't know that he was so old.  I remember when you took him in.  I'm so sorry.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 28, 2018, 12:31:00 PM
What a shock to hear this.  I didn't know that he was so old.  I remember when you took him in.  I'm so sorry.

We had Bandit as a kitten originally....then he lived with #2 sons family for many years...he returned 'home' here a few years ago to finish out his years....we saw him all the time over at #2's place...he'd always make his way over to our laps.....Bandit 'kitty' trained their pit bull 'LaLa',,,,even ate out of her bowl while 'LaLa' was eating...LOL...it was something to watch.....both of 'em chowing down trying to get the most food.....that boy had a strong constitution.....he made the rules...bless his heart....one of a kind....the bed will be less crowded tonight....*sigh*....

..the one curse about having pet family....they don't live as long as we do....but boy they sure make up for it while they're still here.....Bandit sure did.... |^|
Jon

Barb

Sorry Jon, but it sure sounds like Bandit had a great and very long life! We have never had a cat make it beyond 16.  RIP Bandit.
Barb

LizStreithorst

What a beautiful eulogy.

Quote from: Mugwump on August 28, 2018, 12:44:45 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 28, 2018, 12:31:00 PM

We had Bandit as a kitten originally....then he lived with #2 sons family for many years...he returned 'home' here a few years ago to finish out his years....we saw him all the time over at #2's place...he'd always make his way over to our laps.....Bandit 'kitty' trained their pit bull 'LaLa',,,,even ate out of her bowl while 'LaLa' was eating...LOL...it was something to watch.....both of 'em chowing down trying to get the most food.....that boy had a strong constitution.....he made the rules...bless his heart....one of a kind....the bed will be less crowded tonight....*sigh*....

..the one curse about having pet family....they don't live as long as we do....but boy they sure make up for it while they're still here.....Bandit sure did.... |^|
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Thank you ladies......you'd have loved the old geezer too..... :)
Jon

wsantia1

I'm sorry to hear about Bandit Jon. I know he was a great member of your family and that you loved him very much. He was very happy living out his later years with you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon