• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 26, 2024, 03:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 218
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 212
Total: 212

Monday..........again?

Started by Mugwump, August 20, 2018, 08:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...just waiting on the rain.....but guess I should get moving... huh....I'll think on it.... huh

..a new week...what's going on gang?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Back home and just fed the fish. Will do some water changes tomorrow. Still cool outside for summertime.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...working across the street and finished prepping the walls in the bath and started nailing the tongue and groove boards up on them yesterday...hope to get them all up today...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 20, 2018, 11:21:11 AM
...working across the street and finished prepping the walls in the bath and started nailing the tongue and groove boards up on them yesterday...hope to get them all up today...

..how much is left to do over there?.....any pics of that countertop...?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It's been a good back day.  I'm starting to wonder if the positions I have to get in while grooming make it worse.  I clip and scissor with my right hand and hold with my left.  I'm most always bent to the right.  I'd hate it if grooming made me hurt more.

Today I finished the laundry, then swept, then mopped the fish room floor with my mopping machine.  It was almost like mopping up mud.  Then I scrubbed the floor with a Clorox solution and dried it with old towels.  It looks pretty good now.  I rarely do this job because it's just a concrete floor.  It's like mopping the floor of a garage.

Then I took my big drugs and once they kicked in bagged and boxed fish.  It sure is less stressful bagging juvies than adults.  Last week I shipped 6 proven pairs and two of them finned the first bag and had to be taken out of the bag and re-bagged. 

All that's left is to send tracking numbers and do daily water change.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

......wow..busy day for you... |^|...keep on, keeping on girl,,, |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on August 20, 2018, 02:32:44 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on August 20, 2018, 11:21:11 AM

..how much is left to do over there?.....any pics of that countertop...?

...I know it seems like we're taking forever....that's because we are!!! :D :D :D Don't need it finished until the end of Dec, but definitely will have it done before then...

...I got all of the walls in the bathroom finished boarded today....will have to do the trim out next....I'm using a crown molding that is hard for me to figure the cut angles with the chop saw...when we did the living room Dean was in town and he was a professional trim carpenter most of his working life...he's out of town and was going to come back and help me for a day or two but has strained his back moving logs...so I guess I'll figure out the compound cuts myself...that will be slow!!!!

...after that I'll caulk and putty the wood where it needs it and then prime it, then two coats of semi-gloss....

...a week or so after finishing my work in the bathroom, I'll start prepping the walls of the bedroom for painting...Lucy says she wants to hire someone to do it and save my body (for what, I don't know)...but Im too far in now to back out for someone else to finish it up...I'll just take my time and do it right...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron