• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 08:10:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,251
  • Total Topics: 18,511
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

TASII

Started by Mugwump, August 18, 2018, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...looks like we lost another old time forum; taking with it tons upon tons of pictures and information with it. The finest breeders around frequented the site in its 'hay day'. The discussions, with their knowledge, was a harvesting of brain food for both experienced and new hobbyists. It sucks.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That's a shame.  Evenly Simply is having problems.  Social media sucks.  Everyone is on it and it's so superficial.  I think that it's because everyone uses their phone rather than a computer with a monitor and a key board.  Ain't no way you can have a conversation on a phone.
Always move forward. Never look back.

waterboy

Are they gone or did they just forget to renew? Sometimes the person in charge is on vacation or something and forgets to pay on time.  I keep expecting them to pop back up shortly.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on August 18, 2018, 11:18:16 PM
Are they gone or did they just forget to renew? Sometimes the person in charge is on vacation or something and forgets to pay on time.  I keep expecting them to pop back up shortly.

...I believe that the site is paid for by an old member from years back....hard to tell what's going on.....Ted is looking into it with Goober.....haven't heard back from him.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

I noticed that yesterday,it would suck if all of that info is lost.
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

wsantia1

Wow that sucks. I hope we can save that info somehow. I was just on there last week looking for info.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

Ever hear anything else about this Jon?

Wonder how much the cost was to keep it running, and what the timeline is before it's lost forever.
Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on September 23, 2018, 11:04:37 AM
Ever hear anything else about this Jon?

Wonder how much the cost was to keep it running, and what the timeline is before it's lost forever.

...it's all gone now.......lost forever.....not even a backup....
Jon

ghonk

Paul Simon

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on September 23, 2018, 11:47:55 AM
Boy does that suck.

...the last hope is that Goober(Bruce) has the backup, but nobody has been able to reach him.... huh...last I heard... huh
Jon