• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 03:44:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 126
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 131
Total: 131

Stan Mikita

Started by Mugwump, August 08, 2018, 12:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Stan Mikita has died...... :'(

Stanislav Mikita, was a Slovak-born Canadian professional ice hockey player for the Chicago Black Hawks of the National Hockey League, generally regarded as the best centre of the 1960s. In 2017, he was named one of the 100 Greatest NHL Players

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Saw that.  It said he played 1958 to 1980. Not many players last that long today.  I remember watching him play when I was a little younger.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on August 08, 2018, 12:32:31 PM
Saw that.  It said he played 1958 to 1980. Not many players last that long today.  I remember watching him play when I was a little younger.

I remember those games at the old sttadium. My buddy had (4) season seats...2nd balconey..almost center ice....2nd row....fantastic seats that were that brutal climb up there...

Chico Maki, Nestorenko, Bobby/Dennis Hull, Wharham, 'Pit' Martin, Magnuson, Pappin ....etal

70-71 roster...lost Stanley Cup in 7 games...I listened to it on the radio....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Saw Tony Esposito on the list. He played for Boston for a while with his brother Phil.  I used to be a Boston fan back then.
For some reason there were a lot of hockey games on TV, back then nefore they could come up with something else to air.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on August 08, 2018, 11:27:09 PM
Saw Tony Esposito on the list. He played for Boston for a while with his brother Phil.  I used to be a Boston fan back then.
For some reason there were a lot of hockey games on TV, back then nefore they could come up with something else to air.

....yes, in the late 60's there were late night Blackhawk or Bulls games on tv......watched 'em many a night |^|....then poof...gone
Jon