• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:38:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,248
  • Total Topics: 18,509
  • Online today: 152
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

the 60 gal. surprise...

Started by Mugwump, July 30, 2018, 02:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..as you know, we have a 60 gal. that is used for mostly angel fry grow outs....there is an albino LF BN pair in there too that spawns often too...then there are about 5 sterbia's.....this morn'n Jan was netting some fry to move over to the 130 and let out a squeel...lookee lookee lookee......a sterbai fry about 3/4" long was eating with the rest of the pod.....LOL....wtf  huh

..those sterbai have been in there for a couple years.....and never thought that they were even cavorting......  wow.... :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

How big are the Angels in there?  Doesn't take them long to realize that cory eggs and fry are good to eat.  If my Paleatus start to spawn in an Angel tank the Angels learn fast to follow them around for fresh egg snacks.

Also I saw something the other day about college professors that weren't supposed to use the phrase "as you know" any more because it gives the snowflakes insecurities. Hows that for politically correct.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

How cool!  I love Sterbai's.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on July 30, 2018, 02:51:25 PM
How big are the Angels in there?  Doesn't take them long to realize that cory eggs and fry are good to eat.  If my Paleatus start to spawn in an Angel tank the Angels learn fast to follow them around for fresh egg snacks.

Also I saw something the other day about college professors that weren't supposed to use the phrase "as you know" any more because it gives the snowflakes insecurities. Hows that for politically correct.

....the angel fry are no bigger than quarter sized...mostly nickles and dimes.....Sterbai don't spawn like other cories.....I venture no two eggs are closer than inches....they lay them here,there, maybe one over here..then one way over there......no clusters....

...not going with politics here....but i'll add you to the group, if you like....but no politics here please....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't want to be on no facebook group but I'd very much like to be on the list of those who want to buy some of those.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 30, 2018, 07:15:38 PM
I don't want to be on no facebook group but I'd very much like to be on the list of those who want to buy some of those.

It's not a fb group Liz...it's here...'politico'..../member?

....we may separate them again to see if they'll spawn again....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

Quote from: waterboy on July 30, 2018, 02:51:25 PM

...how about..."As you should know, since you're supposed to be literate functioning adults..."...? :D :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron