• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

New Dog for Me?

Started by LizStreithorst, July 30, 2018, 07:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

As I've mentioned before my old dog Saint Puppy won't be with me for a lot longer.  He has the same stuff wrong with him as I have with me, but since he's a dog he can't have spinal surgery nor go to pain management for hard drugs or an epidural.

My old lady who I finally had to be blunt with about bringing me to Jesus gave me my last new dog, Cha Cha 18 months ago.  It took  a year plus to change her from being an incorrigible dog to a good dog.  The same old lady has another dog that I like.  The poor thing is in a pen but has access to the part of the yard where the old lady doesn't go.  Her name is Vasha.  She's a Pitt mix and reminds me of my old number 1 dog, Gladys.  The old lady will be moving after she gets back from a trip to visit family up north.  She may move up there, which I doubt, or move a bit down the road from where she lives now which is also close to family members.  Vasha will have to go and I want her.

This is a good dog who once was a house dog.  My greatest concern was for my chickens, but Vasha has been around chickens before and ignores them.  If all goes as expected, Vasha will stay in her pen while Old Lady is away during September.  A neighbor will feed her and I'll go to check on her and play with her once or twice a week.  If all goes well, she will be mine in October.  I've wanted that dog since I first saw her almost 2 years ago.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 30, 2018, 07:08:20 AM
As I've mentioned before my old dog Saint Puppy won't be with me for a lot longer.  He has the same stuff wrong with him as I have with me, but since he's a dog he can't have spinal surgery nor go to pain management for hard drugs or an epidural.

My old lady who I finally had to be blunt with about bringing me to Jesus gave me my last new dog, Cha Cha 18 months ago.  It took  a year plus to change her from being an incorrigible dog to a good dog.  The same old lady has another dog that I like.  The poor thing is in a pen but has access to the part of the yard where the old lady doesn't go.  Her name is Vasha.  She's a Pitt mix and reminds me of my old number 1 dog, Gladys.  The old lady will be moving after she gets back from a trip to visit family up north.  She may move up there, which I doubt, or move a bit down the road from where she lives now which is also close to family members.  Vasha will have to go and I want her.

This is a good dog who once was a house dog.  My greatest concern was for my chickens, but Vasha has been around chickens before and ignores them.  If all goes as expected, Vasha will stay in her pen while Old Lady is away during September.  A neighbor will feed her and I'll go to check on her and play with her once or twice a week.  If all goes well, she will be mine in October.  I've wanted that dog since I first saw her almost 2 years ago.

.....that's wonderful.......pics when you get a chance, please.. :)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 30, 2018, 07:19:37 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 30, 2018, 07:08:20 AM

.....that's wonderful.......pics when you get a chance, please.. :)

That's great Liz. I second Jon's picture request.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

As soon as I can manage it. gentlemen.
Always move forward. Never look back.