• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 08:31:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 207
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 161
Total: 161

A soul...

Started by Ron Sower, July 26, 2018, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...who lived in our hood here, had cancer. Apparently he was tired of "being a burden" on his wife and told her he was going to end it today...

...he did...

...around 8:30 this morning he drove his golf cart right out in front of a loaded tractor trailer...it had the highway blocked for several hours because the truck driver tried hard to miss hitting him and flipped his rig onto it's side and skidded for quite a way...I feel most sorrow for the driver...and the dead man's poor wife and family and friends...and the poor fellows out there still moving the 50# bags of whatever from the flipped trailer to another in this 108F heat...

...Why he had to jeopardize others' lives and livelihoods is beyond me...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

One does not think of the ramifications when one decides to do himself in.  I've never been "one" but I've thought it about it enough to have a clue as to what the poor bastard was feeling.

He looked at his life and could see ahead of him was pain and suffering.  He knew that his wife was suffering because of his illness.  The truck driver who flipped the trailer trying to avoid him and the guys who got paid for working in the heat were the last things on his mind.  Suicide was on his mind, the opportunity presented itself and he went for it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..that's sad.....and his poor wife likely won't get any insurance he had either....

..suicide by cop happens too....that poor driver didn't deserve that...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson