• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu

My fish vs my back

Started by LizStreithorst, July 24, 2018, 12:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I see the neurosurgeon tomorrow.  My nephew will be coming from London to take care of me while I recover.  I can't saddle him with the horse, the chickens the cat, and all the fish.  I'm having to do something that I don't want to do.  I'm having two, may be three dogs put to sleep and I need to dispose of a ton of fish.

The Discus will stay.  The half blacks will stay.  The snots and dots will stay.  The rest must go.

I have blue plat pearlscales, blue silver pearlscales, German blue blushers, sunsets, and a few gold pearl scales that must go.  I'm offering these for the cost of shipping plus whatever you think they're worth once you get them.  I thought that with the swaps you have coming up you might be able to buy some of these and make a dollar off them.

PM me if interested.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...Hmmmm....let me give that some thought........ huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Sorry to hear about the dogs. I am interested in some young plats if you have some of those. Mine are on a breeding strike and besides they are siblings.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

The doc can't fix my back so I won't have to do away with any dogs until I know it's time.  I still want to reduce the number of fish I have by about 80%.  I have a ton and a half of good size but not yet breeding age blue plats.  Most are pearlscales some are normal.  Shoot me a PM and let me know how many you want.

Ron Sower

...I am really, really, really sorry to hear that he can't help you, Liz....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 25, 2018, 10:40:31 PM

I echo that ....but there has to other options that can help you...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

sp sorry to hear about your back i wish you all the best though and i hope you start feeling better

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on July 26, 2018, 04:29:52 AM

I found that out the other day after I did a monthly client's dog.  The cool thing about working in a small town is that you develop a relationship with your clients. 

Mrs. Ray is easily 10 years younger than I and in way worse shape than I.  You'd never know it by her attitude.  I knew that she had fibromyalgia (sp?) but I never knew that she had the same thing wrong with her back that I have.  She and her husband went to the same doctor as I.  He for a brain tumor which the Dr. removed and the guy is perfectly fine.  She her for her neurological problems and her structural problems that he told her he could not fix.  He sent her to pain management where they gave her an epidural which make her completely pain free for a whole year!  She second made her pain free for another 2 years.  Then stuff started not working as well and to day, sadly, she had had to retire and is on morphine for pain.

I see the pain guy in October (his first appt.).  I sure do hope that he can do the same for me. 

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 29, 2018, 03:23:31 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 26, 2018, 04:29:52 AM

I found that out the other day after I did a monthly client's dog.  The cool thing about working in a small town is that you develop a relationship with your clients. 

Mrs. Ray is easily 10 years younger than I and in way worse shape than I.  You'd never know it by her attitude.  I knew that she had fibromyalgia (sp?) but I never knew that she had the same thing wrong with her back that I have.  She and her husband went to the same doctor as I.  He for a brain tumor which the Dr. removed and the guy is perfectly fine.  She her for her neurological problems and her structural problems that he told her he could not fix.  He sent her to pain management where they gave her an epidural which make her completely pain free for a whole year!  She second made her pain free for another 2 years.  Then stuff started not working as well and to day, sadly, she had had to retire and is on morphine for pain.

I see the pain guy in October (his first appt.).  I sure do hope that he can do the same for me.

..Jan's girlfriend,Francis, has the same thing....matter of fact, that's where she took her on Friday....for her shot in the back..... but she's on Cortisone...
Jon

LizStreithorst

From what I've read an epidural is also a cortosteroid injection.  The neurosurgeon never gave a name to what's wrong with me, he just explained exactly what was wrong and where.  From reading around I believe it's spinal stenosis coupled with degenerative disc disease (which is a misnomer as it's a condition rather than a disease). 

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 29, 2018, 06:08:49 AM
From what I've read an epidural is also a cortosteroid injection.  The neurosurgeon never gave a name to what's wrong with me, he just explained exactly what was wrong and where.  From reading around I believe it's spinal stenosis coupled with degenerative disc disease (which is a misnomer as it's a condition rather than a disease).
...I know a little about spinal stenosis...my friend Jim has his entire backbone fused rigid now...agent orange in Viet Nam...

...ans I so agree with you about condition vs disease...I always think that you "catch" a disease...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron