• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:00:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,250
  • Total Topics: 18,510
  • Online today: 140
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 156
Total: 156

Wednesday's doin's

Started by Mugwump, July 18, 2018, 08:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...what's up gang?...........we'll soon be off doin' errands for a while.....then... huh.......wonder what the gas prices are like today..?  they dip/rise at will now days....geesh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Oil goes up a dollar a barrel, Gas goes up a dime a gallon immediately. Oil goes down a dollar a barrel gas goes down a penny a gallon. If oil stays down it will take a week for gas to drop. Upside is immediate, downside is very slow. I never could figure out why if it takes six months to get from the well to the gas pump, the price at the pump depends on the price of oil today, not six months ago.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Ron Sower

Quote from: waterboy on July 18, 2018, 09:49:02 AM
Oil goes up a dollar a barrel, Gas goes up a dime a gallon immediately. Oil goes down a dollar a barrel gas goes down a penny a gallon. If oil stays down it will take a week for gas to drop. Upside is immediate, downside is very slow. I never could figure out why if it takes six months to get from the well to the gas pump, the price at the pump depends on the price of oil today, not six months ago.
...Dale, it' kinda like the "float" on a written check...! huh wfwf
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...gotta take Murf to the groomer...meet Lucy for lunch...pay couple bills...try to sort out the type of Medicare supplement I should be buying (I need dental work)...
...bag some plants for the LFS...go to the SAS board meeting...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I spent 12 hours in the bed yesterday so I feel pretty good today.  I did 3 easy dogs at work and was home by noon.  My doc put me on one of the big bad drugs but I still have good days and days when I'm in bad pain.  I can't for the life of me why.  All I do is take it easy.  In a week I'll see the neurosurgeon.  I sure do hope he says that he can help me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 18, 2018, 01:04:45 PM
I spent 12 hours in the bed yesterday so I feel pretty good today.  I did 3 easy dogs at work and was home by noon.  My doc put me on one of the big bad drugs but I still have good days and days when I'm in bad pain.  I can't for the life of me why.  All I do is take it easy.  In a week I'll see the neurosurgeon.  I sure do hope he says that he can help me.
...Liz, I was getting ready to post here asking about you...you've been quiet so I was thinking you were down and out for a bit...I sure hope you can get some relief, lady...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I want to tell the story about being prescribed big bad drugs...I kept getting worse and worse.  I walked all bent over.  The physical therapy guy said that I looked like a question mark.  I had no more good days.  Friday I gave up and went to my doctor.

I was very direct because that's my way.  I told him, "I need narcotics".   He threw up his hands and said, "I can't.  I'd loose my license".  I was down in the dumps.  Then he said that he could give me enough to make it through the weekend.  I declined.  I have to make it until September!  He looked again at my MRI report as I looked out the window and sighed big sighs of depresson.  When I left he gave me a referral to the pain management guy (his first available appointment is some time in October).  He gave me another piece of paper which I was too depressed to even read.  When I looked at it the next morning it was a scrip for 20 oxycodone.  I was so relieved I don't have the words. 

They used to hand out narcotics like candy.  Now the pendulum has swung in the other direction.  They won't prescribe them unless they are totally certain that you need them.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 18, 2018, 01:47:09 PM
I want to tell the story about being prescribed big bad drugs...I kept getting worse and worse.  I walked all bent over.  The physical therapy guy said that I looked like a question mark.  I had no more good days.  Friday I gave up and went to my doctor.

I was very direct because that's my way.  I told him, "I need narcotics".   He threw up his hands and said, "I can't.  I'd loose my license".  I was down in the dumps.  Then he said that he could give me enough to make it through the weekend.  I declined.  I have to make it until September!  He looked again at my MRI report as I looked out the window and sighed big sighs of depresson.  When I left he gave me a referral to the pain management guy (his first available appointment is some time in October).  He gave me another piece of paper which I was too depressed to even read.  When I looked at it the next morning it was a scrip for 20 oxycodone.  I was so relieved I don't have the words. 

They used to hand out narcotics like candy.  Now the pendulum has swung in the other direction.  They won't prescribe them unless they are totally certain that you need them.

....Good...at least you'll get some relief.... huh....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I'm only taking 1/2 a pill in the morning.  I hope I don't have to go up on the dose to the prescribed up to 1 pill twice daily.  I have to take 19 pills a day just to be able the few things I do.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 18, 2018, 02:10:48 PM
I'm only taking 1/2 a pill in the morning.  I hope I don't have to go up on the dose to the prescribed up to 1 pill twice daily.  I have to take 19 pills a day just to be able the few things I do.

..old saying..'two vicodin and a six pack, you'll see angels"...... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 18, 2018, 02:42:42 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 18, 2018, 02:10:48 PM

..old saying..'two vicodin and a six pack, you'll see angels"...... |^|
...It worked for me when I needed the relief...however, I'm such a lightweight that it was 1 pill and 1 drink...then it started taking more...now I've let them go....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

...you'd use a 'new' one, of course...?
Jon