• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,301
  • Total Topics: 18,526
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 177
Total: 177

Monday.....humid Monday

Started by Mugwump, July 16, 2018, 07:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....not a breeze at all, it's very calm and the humidity is terrible this morn'n......blah....

Anybody else curious about the new trend of scanning your dr's license for tobacco, booze, etc. ?....even lighters?.....even if you're an old fart like me?......not sure that I'm liking this practice.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I would suspect that the fines for selling to minors are getting so stiff that they have to do whatever they can to stay legal.  It is probably much easier to tell the clerks "everyone" than it is to let some dimwit try to figure out who is too old to card.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on July 16, 2018, 09:31:30 AM
I would suspect that the fines for selling to minors are getting so stiff that they have to do whatever they can to stay legal.  It is probably much easier to tell the clerks "everyone" than it is to let some dimwit try to figure out who is too old to card.

....sure.... ;D...now the FBI, IRS, TSA, and 'Flippy's gas mart' all have the info needed to serve you better... ;D |^| ;D.....why didn't they just read my micro-chip in my elbow....LOL....

...seriously tho...I think the dr's lic bar code is supposed to only have what show's on the front of your license..... huh.....right?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...try'n to rain anyway..... huh.....humidity sucks... |^|

..a sloooooow day for us here...........
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

waterboy

Quote from: Mugwump on July 16, 2018, 10:26:37 AM
Quote from: waterboy on July 16, 2018, 09:31:30 AM

....sure.... ;D...now the FBI, IRS, TSA, and 'Flippy's gas mart' all have the info needed to serve you better... ;D |^| ;D.....why didn't they just read my micro-chip in my elbow....LOL....

It's coming to that.

...seriously tho...I think the dr's lic bar code is supposed to only have what show's on the front of your license..... huh.....right?

I don't know what info is on the back of the dr. but I suspect that is the case. 
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

...had a thought...the only way to make sure it rains is to......water the garden.....or leave the cushion on the deck swing... huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 16, 2018, 03:07:51 PM
...had a thought...the only way to make sure it rains is to......water the garden.....or leave the cushion on the deck swing... huh
|^|...or wash your car(s)...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...Got the rental unit cleaned up a little bit...need to tape the floors so I can easily trim out the baseboard...

...so the project will be in a stall mode for about 3 weeks...Lucy's jury duty is going to take that long....I'll start on the little bath room...Pull all the junk off the walls and get the shiplap installed behind the toilet...then when Dean (my retired finish carpenter-friend who lured us down here) gets back on the 25th we can start trimming out that room too...

...I'll try to get some good pics on here tonight or tomorrow of what we've done so far...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 16, 2018, 04:05:59 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 16, 2018, 03:07:51 PM
|^|...or wash your car(s)...!

..yup, that too..... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

Jon