• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 18, 2024, 01:22:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,300
  • Total Topics: 18,525
  • Online today: 120
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 176
Total: 176

Garden things..

Started by Mugwump, July 13, 2018, 07:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....despite the brutal sun...the plants are able to start offering their goodies....so far, we're getting some tomatoes, lettuce, green peppers, etc......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

Got a couple green peppers, tomatoes aren't ready yet.  Beets and carrots for later. Spending a couple hours picking raspberrys, both red and black.  I bought 5 green cabbage plants and 3 of the turned out to be kohlrabi.  Anybody know what to do with them?
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on July 13, 2018, 08:50:50 AM
Got a couple green peppers, tomatoes aren't ready yet.  Beets and carrots for later. Spending a couple hours picking raspberrys, both red and black.  I bought 5 green cabbage plants and 3 of the turned out to be kohlrabi.  Anybody know what to do with them?

....found this....

https://www.thekitchn.com/5-tasty-ways-to-prepare-kohlrabi-60321

and

Directions

Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
    Cut the kohlrabi into 1/4 inch thick slices, then cut each of the slices in half. Combine olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl. ...
    Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally in order to brown evenly.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

LOL yes, you did the same Google search I did.  I liked the looks of the fritters better. I sort of suspect they are something like baked carp on a board.  Cook them in the oven til done then throw away the fish and eat the board.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on July 13, 2018, 03:28:12 PM
LOL yes, you did the same Google search I did.  I liked the looks of the fritters better. I sort of suspect they are something like baked carp on a board.  Cook them in the oven til done then throw away the fish and eat the board.

...LOLOLOL.....good board, just add catsup or Sweet Baby Ray's.... huh
Jon

Mugwump

..green beans and cucumbers now too..... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 15, 2018, 10:54:38 AM
...cactus...!!! 8)

...LOL....sneaky things those 'pricks'.........he he
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 15, 2018, 10:59:24 AM
...cactus...!!! 8)

...I've become pretty good at identifying "pricks"...and a lot of them aren't cacti!!! :D....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 15, 2018, 11:05:43 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 15, 2018, 10:59:24 AM
...cactus...!!! 8)

...I've become pretty good at identifying "pricks"...and a lot of them aren't cacti!!! :D....

....LOLOLOL.....you bet !.... |^|
Jon