• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 11:28:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,310
  • Total Topics: 18,529
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 119
Total: 120

Friday======>>>

Started by Mugwump, July 13, 2018, 07:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

In the basement setting up for water changes.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...just putz'n here.....might pull that 'Pondmster' apart and change out the diaphragms this morning.... huh....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It is Friday the 13th for me.  I went to my doctor and told him that I needed narcotics so I could make it until I had surgery in September.  He said that he could only give me enough for me to get through the weekend so I passed.  He told me that he could give me a shot but it would only last 24 hrs.  I passed on that too.  He refereed me to a pain doctor.  He had his  nurse call and tell them that I needed to get in ASAP.  Their first opening is sometime in October.

I will have to just tough it out until the 25 when I will see the gate keeper to the neurosurgeon.  He said that one must always see the gatekeeper first.  He will talk to me and look at all my relevant stuff, condense it all, and tell the man who is next to God.  At that point the big guy will give my stuff a look and tell me what he can and cannot do.

I can still do a few small dogs a day but I don't know how long that will last.  I may have to close my shop.  I know that I need to call my landlady and ask her and ask if she will let my rent slide when I can't work.  I'm not there yet, but my doctor read over my MRI report and said that my problem is very complex.

All things considered, this is the worst Friday the 13th I can remember.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 13, 2018, 01:13:16 PM
It is Friday the 13th for me.  I went to my doctor and told him that I needed narcotics so I could make it until I had surgery in September.  He said that he could only give me enough for me to get through the weekend so I passed.  He told me that he could give me a shot but it would only last 24 hrs.  I passed on that too.  He refereed me to a pain doctor.  He had his  nurse call and tell them that I needed to get in ASAP.  Their first opening is sometime in October.

I will have to just tough it out until the 25 when I will see the gate keeper to the neurosurgeon.  He said that one must always see the gatekeeper first.  He will talk to me and look at all my relevant stuff, condense it all, and tell the man who is next to God.  At that point the big guy will give my stuff a look and tell me what he can and cannot do.

I can still do a few small dogs a day but I don't know how long that will last.  I may have to close my shop.  I know that I need to call my landlady and ask her and ask if she will let my rent slide when I can't work.  I'm not there yet, but my doctor read over my MRI report and said that my problem is very complex.

All things considered, this is the worst Friday the 13th I can remember.

..well that sucks.......any relief from a Jacuzzi tub.....?...or muscle relaxers?
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have a big fine bath tub but it doesn't shoot water at me.  I don't think that muscle relaxers would help.  If they would help my doc would have prescribed them for me.

I am hoping that the gate keeper to the neurologist will tell Mr. Big what all is wrong with me.  Then Mr. Big will talk to me.  He may be able to give me the drugs I need to get by until I have surgery.  I see him on the 12th of this month.  It feels like forever for me, but its only 10 days away.  I can handle it until then.  At least I can take care of my animals and work a little bit.  My customers know the story.  I have had no choice but to tell them.

I am Liz Streithorst.  I am Wonder Woman.  I am strong.  I will overcome this.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 13, 2018, 02:46:28 PM
I have a big fine bath tub but it doesn't shoot water at me.  I don't think that muscle relaxers would help.  If they would help my doc would have prescribed them for me.

I am hoping that the gate keeper to the neurologist will tell Mr. Big what all is wrong with me.  Then Mr. Big will talk to me.  He may be able to give me the drugs I need to get by until I have surgery.  I see him on the 12th of this month.  It feels like forever for me, but its only 10 days away.  I can handle it until then.  At least I can take care of my animals and work a little bit.  My customers know the story.  I have had no choice but to tell them.

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 13, 2018, 02:52:48 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 13, 2018, 02:46:28 PM

Sorry you are in such pain Liz. It's a shame your Dr. can't give you anything to relieve it. There is such a crack down on pain meds due to abuse but it is making the people who really need the meds suffer.
Willie

wsantia1

I didn't do my bonus water changes. huh I did clean out a canister filter. It was not as dirty as I expected it to be. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

Willie, I know they used to hand out the narcotics like candy.  They 'bout can't hand them at all any more.  Such is life...

Mug, Yes I am strong and invincible.  Not just because I am woman.  I am Liz Streithorst.  The song mad me feel better, though.  Thanks.

Ron Sower

...Liz...I empathize with you!...I'm grateful that mine has been curtailed with cortisone for now...keep on keeping on, gal...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron